Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Next Fight: Tureano Johnson Injured and Ruled Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
    Listen, there is no point in GGG fighting any current 154er or 160er. It doesn't matter if X fighter has great skill, at some point during the 12th round fight GGG is gonna land and he is going to destroy. Now, the question is, can he do the same at 168? it's time to move the fck up and prove himself further and dont come up with that "oh he wants to collect all the belts first" BS please.

At this point it's pretty damn clear that GGG's power is simply too much to handle for super welterweights and middleweights. GGG @ 168, lets go...a new chapter and challange please!
    Good question. I'd like to know the answer.

Comment

Bloody hell who cares, how about Jacobs or Lee or Quillin or Lara?! Let's have it!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Fighting Lara could be a good investment for K2. Destroying Lara when he gave Alvarez so much trouble would give Golovkin a little more of a selling point for Canelo to take the fight.
        Yeah this is what I was thinking as well.

Comment

Golovkin will be looking for another opponent I imagine. He likes to stay busy.

Comment

These dumb ****s think that the IBF would stop the GGG/Canelo fight

What's worse, the dumb ****s trying to say IBF will get in way of Canelo fight, or letting these people get others worked up. Of course the IBF will tell Johnson he has to wait. It's not GGG's fault he got hurt.

As for Lara, you all know that fight isn't politically possible. There are many fights that would make great sense and great money, but Haymon and HBO isn't working to get them done. Your ****ing dumb if you think they're gonna for a fight that wouldn't get casuals to fork over cash. Hell, no one is sure if GGG/Lara was a PPV smash that it could melt the ice between Haymon and HBO.

It's pointless to even bring up Lara, the guy isn't truly chasing GGG. If Lara comes out and says he can get Haynon to do it, and that his fee won't be so high that HBO tells him to shove it, sure lets talk that fight.

Right now, Lara is calling out a guy he knows he won't have to fight. It's kinda lame really.

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            unlikely to get made, but I'd like to see them make a play for Jacobs......
            Jacob has same issues as Lara, and wants even more money.

Originally posted by hitking View Post
            This whole belt quest is imploding right before our very eyes.
            You realize Johnson didn't own a title right. GGG is no worse off than he was when they decided to push the Canelo fight to September. The Suanders fight was always one that likely wasn't happening right away.

Do you have a better suggestion?
            Yea, that coward ass ginger headed Mexican can realize the biggest fight right now for both of them is each other. At least that fight is politically possible.

Originally posted by Can'tHoldMeBack View Post
            The monkey wrench golden boy can play doctors clears Johnson sometime in May forcing mando fight to come into play, hate to say it but the sucker moves lil g team pulled to not take ward fight coming back to bite them in a$$ no canelo fight no unication with Saunders possibly could use IBF belt with golden boy forcing politics and enforcing mando fight
            If they cleared him in May the IBF wouldn't force GGG to do his mandatory knowing that Canelo was coming up. They were gonna let GGG push it off for Suanders, you think they wouldn't for Canelo fight.

I know Canelo fans are hoping to God the guy finds a way out of fighting GGG, but this ant it.
            Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 01-21-2016, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Lara is certainly looking like the best option on the table for GGG. But honestly, I'd consider it a pretty ballsy move to fight Lara with Canelo on the table. I'd consider GGG is sizeable favorite. But the potential to look less than spectacular against him is pretty good too. Either way, I think its time for GGG to explore some alternative plans. Because this unification quest is going nowhere fast. Maybe he outta see if one of the beltholders at 68 are willing to fight him on that date. Moving up always sells. And if GGG wins a belt at 68. It gives him a jumpstart on an alternative plan of action if the other beltholders at 60 continue to show pretty much no interest in fighting him.
              GGG looking less than spectacular against Lara is probably necessary imo. GGG is already listed as a -350 favorite (I think it was on Bovada) over Canelo and easily dispatching of Lara would only make those odds go way up for GGG and might even decrease interest in that fight. Not that I'm against GGG vs Lara per se, just disagreeing that a shaky performance in that fight would hurt him much. That being said, Jacobs would be the best of remaining options if Haymon would entertain it.

Also what does Johnson being unavailable have to do with the unification quest? And who says the unification quest is going nowhere? GGG is expecting to fight for the WBC belt in 2016 and I imagine the WBO belt after that (2017).
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-21-2016, 03:52 AM.

Comment

This is weird. I haven't seen Johnson say anything about a shoulder injury on Twitter. If you follow Johnson on Twitter you know he loves to talk, especially about fighting GGG. It's a fight he's been wanting for over a year. Checked his Twitter this morning and he hasn't made a statement. The only thing he's been talking about is training for GGG. Is the injury recent?

Comment

Just try and fight Lara then. What's the harm in trying? If it can't happen, it can't happen, but that's no excuse not to try.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    If it were me, I'd take a run at Jacobs. I wouldnt waste a bunch if time on it, as I believe it would have a low probablilty of happening, but I'd give it a shot anyways. Or maybe make Eubank a ******ly high offer, just to mess up Billie Hoe Sanders plans.......

Absent that, I'd probably try for Lee or Heiland, although neither one interests me all that much. Too bad Canelo wont just go ahead and fight GGG in May.......

As for Lara, like I've said a thousand times, if they make it, sure I'll watch. But I just think its pointless to go on and on and on and on and on about a fight that HBO probably wouldnt even buy in the first place......
                    You're entitled to your opinion. But honestly, no one you mentioned is in Lara's league or does anything for GGG's career. Believe it or not, GGG has a lotta critics, especially within the fight community. Some of it could be jealousy. But most seem to wanna see GGG justify the hype. GGG is moving dangerously close to a crossroads in his career where folks like yourself, who would watch GGG fight a broomstick, are becoming few and far between. Lara isn't the ultimate measuring stick for GGG. That guy is gone to light heavyweight. But he is a guy that can at least make folks that are sold on GGG take a step back and so, "OK, dude can go." I see absolutely ZERO cons to taking a Lara fight right now. Because he has no options that the majority care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      You realize Johnson didn't own a title right. GGG is no worse off than he was when they decided to push the Canelo fight to September. The Suanders fight was always one that likely wasn't happening right away.
                      Sure do. But he is GGG's mandatory. A mandatory no one is really interested in seeing him fight. So the only reason he was getting a shot at GGG was because he was a mandatory, and GGG would be stripped if he didn't fight him. Hence, apart of GGG's belt quest.

[/QUOTE]Yea, that coward ass ginger headed Mexican can realize the biggest fight right now for both of them is each other. At least that fight is politically possible.[/QUOTE]

See homie, you're so emotionally invested in this situation that it clouds your sense of logic and rational. First, you say its no point in talking about a Lara fight because its "impossible" to make. Yet, you turn around and say the Canelo fight needs to happen in May, which we know ain't happening until at least Sept. Which one is it? Are we talking realistic possibilities or not?
                      Last edited by hitking; 01-21-2016, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X