Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius Relinquishes EBU Crown, Chisora To Fight For Vacant Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Helenius Relinquishes EBU Crown, Chisora To Fight For Vacant Title

Robert Helenius (22-0) has relinquished the EBU heavyweight title to concentrate on a possible world title shot.

A purse bid hearing for Helenius vs Chisora II was set for tomorrow (Jan 21) but has since been canceled.

Mandatory challenger is Dereck Chisora (25-5) will now face the highest available contender for the now vacant title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hahahaha.Wise move Robert.You've already had Chisora problems,no need to have them again lol.

Comment

Helenius is no champion and neither is Chisora.

Boxing needs great heavyweights as these mini men kids half pint midget dwarfs in the lighter weights are disgusting to watch all under 154lbs. Heavies make boxing exciting but there haven’t been many good heavies for a decade or longer. Boxing under 135lbs should be eliminated and banned as cruel punishment to small children. Fury and Wilder and Joshua and even martin seem to be the future of boxing. But Helenius and Chisora are not championship stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
        Hahahaha.Wise move Robert.You've already had Chisora problems,no need to have them again lol.
        I don´t think Chisora was any kind of problem, but Sauerland was. Can´t really blame Helenius, but I really wanted to see the rematch. Helenius is finally injury free and Chisora is shot to s*it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          I don´t think Chisora was any kind of problem, but Sauerland was. Can´t really blame Helenius, but I really wanted to see the rematch. Helenius is finally injury free and Chisora is shot to s*it.
          Do you think?They should oof kept the european title and defended it a few more times.Helenius only fought 3 times last year and that was coming off a 2 year absence.

Comment

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
            Boxing needs great heavyweights as these mini men kids half pint midget dwarfs in the lighter weights are disgusting to watch all under 154lbs. Heavies make boxing exciting but there haven’t been many good heavies for a decade or longer. Boxing under 135lbs should be eliminated and banned as cruel punishment to small children. Fury and Wilder and Joshua and even martin seem to be the future of boxing. But Helenius and Chisora are not championship stuff.
            Fury and Wilder have yet to prove anything comparable the the greats. Better than Wlad? Sure, but they still look like over grown children when compared to say the three kings of the 90s, the three kings of the 70s, or the three kings of the 50s. Let alone great champs like Tunney and Dempsey or Johnson and Jeffries. I'm not saying that's sure to be the reason why they aren't the future, just that there's a legitimate chance an unknown could become the new big thing quickly.

Joshua is fine, but I wish I could see him with more of a variety of styles.

Martin didn't really prove anything except he's huge and patient, and Glazkov is poorly trained. Poorly trained enough to have bad enough footwork as to not be able to deal with a full HW's size without blowing out his knee. I don't hate Martin, but like Joshua I wish there was more of a variety for him to fight.

Helenius is a joke and always has been. Chisora is a slightly luckier joke who's been given decent fights, and paydays, for losing to names consistently.

Parker is good ****, just need more styles to show off against.

I've never been sold on Stiverne, he's a better version of Chisora, and little else.

Cunningham needs to go back to CW

Ruiz needs to prove his fat won't stop him from getting to a full sized HW.

Haye needs to beat HW worth a damn before he retires for good.

Ortiz is a good one, he's even seen a number of styles, all he lacks is resume.

Wlad's upright 1-2 bull**** days are over, if he can't pull out a few more techniques he's done.

Povetkin is too scared to beat anyone with power and size. He delayed the Wlad fight for a reason, he's delayed the Wilder fight for the same.

Fujimoto entering WBC's top ranks is an absurdity, I doubt he'll remain very long.

Pulev is half decent, but unless he improves a lot the Wilders, Furys, and AJs, will destroy him with left hooks every time.

I kind of got caught up, I don't really have to go through -everyone- in the top 15 to make this point, take a look at those guys, from the champs, former champs, and number one contenders to the Fujimotos and Fedosovs. Now look at a guy like Oscar Rivas who isn't ranked and ask yourself is you can see him dominating in five years. The division is wide open still. I don't think these guys are good enough to put much stock in their reigns. I don't necessarily reckon Oscar is the dark horse that'll take the division by storm, just that it's open, and should greatness return to boxing it'll let itself be known quickly.

Boxing does need great heavyweight, this is ****.

Comment

Helenius ducking Chisora, very shameful.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                Fury and Wilder have yet to prove anything comparable the the greats. Better than Wlad? Sure, but they still look like over grown children when compared to say the three kings of the 90s, the three kings of the 70s, or the three kings of the 50s. Let alone great champs like Tunney and Dempsey or Johnson and Jeffries. I'm not saying that's sure to be the reason why they aren't the future, just that there's a legitimate chance an unknown could become the new big thing quickly.

Joshua is fine, but I wish I could see him with more of a variety of styles.

Martin didn't really prove anything except he's huge and patient, and Glazkov is poorly trained. Poorly trained enough to have bad enough footwork as to not be able to deal with a full HW's size without blowing out his knee. I don't hate Martin, but like Joshua I wish there was more of a variety for him to fight.

Helenius is a joke and always has been. Chisora is a slightly luckier joke who's been given decent fights, and paydays, for losing to names consistently.

Parker is good ****, just need more styles to show off against.

I've never been sold on Stiverne, he's a better version of Chisora, and little else.

Cunningham needs to go back to CW

Ruiz needs to prove his fat won't stop him from getting to a full sized HW.

Haye needs to beat HW worth a damn before he retires for good.

Ortiz is a good one, he's even seen a number of styles, all he lacks is resume.

Wlad's upright 1-2 bull**** days are over, if he can't pull out a few more techniques he's done.

Povetkin is too scared to beat anyone with power and size. He delayed the Wlad fight for a reason, he's delayed the Wilder fight for the same.

Fujimoto entering WBC's top ranks is an absurdity, I doubt he'll remain very long.

Pulev is half decent, but unless he improves a lot the Wilders, Furys, and AJs, will destroy him with left hooks every time.

I kind of got caught up, I don't really have to go through -everyone- in the top 15 to make this point, take a look at those guys, from the champs, former champs, and number one contenders to the Fujimotos and Fedosovs. Now look at a guy like Oscar Rivas who isn't ranked and ask yourself is you can see him dominating in five years. The division is wide open still. I don't think these guys are good enough to put much stock in their reigns. I don't necessarily reckon Oscar is the dark horse that'll take the division by storm, just that it's open, and should greatness return to boxing it'll let itself be known quickly.

Boxing does need great heavyweight, this is ****.
                Good response back on the heavies. Today's heavyweights are a sad bunch of big stiffs just large lopsided big men with little boxing ability. Boxing fans are being denied the opportunity to see great Heavies box and impress with their talent. It's almost like the great big men have disappeared over the last 30 years. Larry Holmes and Mike Tyson and Lennox did well.

Comment

EBU crown is like a pair of old underwear worth nothing

EBU crown is worthless and meaningless. much like that stupid Lonsdale belt that looks like a tuna can on a cheap strap. EBU title is like being David price's weak jaw comical.

Comment

Good move for Helenius no reason to waste his time on meaninglrss trinkets fighting guys he already whoped their ass. Helenius may be the only threat to Haye

Comment

Working...
                    X