Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Confident: Charles Martin is Nothing Special!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy3008 View Post
    I wish Showtime or HBO did a type of tournament for the heavyweight division like the Super Six was for the Super Middelweights. Participants include:

Tyson Fury
    David Haye
    Joseph Parker
    Anthony Joshua
    Charles Martin
    Louis Ortiz
    Deontay Wilder
    Alexander Povetkin
    Wladimir Klitschko

I'd pay a lot of money to watch these guys fight each other every 2 months.

A 9-man tourney would take 3 years.

Comment

I want Parker to fight real opponents and not try to weasel his way to a belt. Though he'd be a darned sight better than Martin.

Comment

Damn the Heavyweight Division created a buzz after Saturday, look forward to seeing who comes out on top between all of these new Heavyweights.

I agree with Parker but to be fair, Martin really did not get a chance to show much

Comment

Its Fox Australia tho.
          Last edited by 1hourRun; 01-18-2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Its Fox Australia tho.
            Thanks for putting that up. I'm predicting a round 2 KO. Parker is on the way up. I just hope that they don't rush him. He's still so young so no need to rush.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazzatron View Post
              Thanks for putting that up. I'm predicting a round 2 KO. Parker is on the way up. I just hope that they don't rush him. He's still so young so no need to rush.
              Some people have started calling him a hypejob, and think that he needs to fight some real competition NOW !!

Props to you for being smarter than them.

He is obviously not ready to step up to the top level yet, he clearly still has a lot to learn.

A year ago he was abandoning his gameplan and fighting his opponents fight.

They should give him time, simply because they can.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Some people have started calling him a hypejob, and think that he needs to fight some real competition NOW !!

Props to you for being smarter than them.

He is obviously not ready to step up to the top level yet, he clearly still has a lot to learn.

A year ago he was abandoning his gameplan and fighting his opponents fight.

They should give him time, simply because they can.

Rome wasn't built in a day.
                The problem is the fans themselves.
                Fans from NZ don't have much to crow about when it comes to boxing and since Parker has come onto the scene they have backed their man all the way. It's good to back your man but don't hype him up. I'm a Kiwi and see huge potential in him. Hand speed is probably the best in the division. Great Jab. Great combinations. Body punching is good. Footwork is good. He has some great tools but its easier to show those tools against poor opposition.
                Anthony Joshua fans are the exact same way as the Parker fans. The dude can punch and is huge. Good jab. Huge right hand. He's also quite quick.
                After the Whyte fight I think a lot of people have come back down to earth a little and realized he's not ready for Haye or Fury or Povetkin etc
                But thats OK!!! Everyone keeps forgetting they are still learning their craft and aren't the finished product.
                Both of them have the potential to be the top 2 in the division one day but that's not this year or even 2017.
                Patience people. Let them get there in their own time.

Comment

Parker is the future king.

Hopefully everyone won't duck him.

Comment

Wow what a disrespectful piece of shtt
                    Show some respect morherfuccer

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      Wow what a disrespectful piece of shtt
                      Show some respect morherfuccer
                      Who are you his mother?

Comment