Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dereck Chisora crashes Charles Martin post-fight press conference.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    let's give Chisora some credit. These fights were to stay active & were close together to get some rust off. The guy is an established name & is about to fight Helenius for the EU belt unless this title fight appears. Chisora has fought Fury twice, Haye, Klitschko, Helenius, Gerber, Kevin Johnson & Malik Scott in his first 25 fights. He is a solid gatekeeper & would be the best fighter he has been in the ring with to this point in his career. B level guy who has lost when he stepped in the ring with the elite. He won the Helenius fight on most score cards & he only lost to HW champions. I say make it happen. This is a good 1st defence if it happens.
    Chisora was decent during the bum era of the HW division. It's a new era now. Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Hughie, Parker, Whyte, Martin. He's in it for a check now. That's why he's singling out the easiest target with the biggest payday. He needs to stick to what made him successful. Domestic level fighter vs eastern European punching bag.

Comment

Why fight Chisora when you can fight Haye for, like, five times the money?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        That was a surprisingly polite and understated "crash" from Derreck.

What happened to the days when he'd be in a brawl?
        They didn't even recognize him until he stated he had fought Fury twice. That should tell you how relevant he is. Just another HW at the fight looking for an Al Haymon handout.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          They didn't even recognize him until he stated he had fought Fury twice. That should tell you how relevant he is. Just another HW at the fight looking for an Al Haymon handout.
          LOL remember when Manuel Charr went to confront David Haye at one of his press conferences and Haye shook his hand and was looking around like "Who is this guy? Am I supposed to know who this is?"

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            LOL remember when Manuel Charr went to confront David Haye at one of his press conferences and Haye shook his hand and was looking around like "Who is this guy? Am I supposed to know who this is?"

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              They specifically said that the lights made it hard to see who it was.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                Martin will fight those type of heavyweight guys like Dereck Chisora, Steve Cunningham, Artur Szpilka, Chris Arreola, Malik Scott .. people where you can make easy money without losing your belt
                Let's see you get in the ring with any of the fighters you mention. You're a fan stay in a fans lane.. He's already asking for a unification. So who are you to say whom he will fight?

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                  Let's see you get in the ring with any of the fighters you mention. You're a fan stay in a fans lane.. He's already asking for a unification. So who are you to say whom he will fight?
                  What fighter has ever said "I'm going to go the Peter Quillin route and fight a long line of unworthy nobodies so I can milk this title for all it's worth!"

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    What fighter has ever said "I'm going to go the Peter Quillin route and fight a long line of unworthy nobodies so I can milk this title for all it's worth!"
                    even quillin said he wanted to fight ggg....although for 10 million. fans sometimes are unable to comprehend both fragments of a sentence. they read the first part and pretend the second part didn't happen. like ward said he wanted to fight ggg..........at the end of 2016 as long as he locks in a 50-50 split right now. hmmm yea that second part kinda disproves the first part.

Comment

I'm loving all this HW stuff ..Some good match up s coming up

Comment

Working...
                      X