No announcement yet.

Why do you hate Deontay Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
    Tyson Fury got dropped by a blown up cruiserweight LMAO what's the difference?
    Because Steve Cunningham is a good fighter, and a solid win for any heavyweight. Dustin Nichols is a morbidly obese bum. Getting dropped by him is just embarrassing.

How about Harold Sconiers? is he an acceptable fighter for the saviour of American heavyweight boxing to get dropped by? lol

Wilder is trash lad.

Comment

I for one don't hate him, I am just not a fan of his.

He isn't that all that great of a fighter despite holding a weak claim to the throne and he could have stepped up competition a while back. I don't really care for all the shouting Bomb Squad or dancing in the ring, a lot of boxers have an act or a persona that they have adapted, its not that dislikable when you think about it, its part of some fighters approach to the game.

I feel as though some people are jumping on the current racism topic when it comes to Wilder. People are quick to claim that compared to Fury and how he acts up and is laughed at/along with, while Wilder is disliked etc...Well for me it is nothing to do with race, it is simply who is the better and more accomplished fighter at this time. It is not because Fury is a white englishman like me, it is because he commands more respect when everything is said and done and the spotlights go off.

I actually respect Wilder for that post fight interview before Fury jumped in. He said all the right things and I could tell he meant it, just shows that when he jumps around and shouts that he is acting too...However, he is just not a worthy fighter to be called Heavyweight champion in my opinion.

Comment

Is he 'hated' that much? I thought he was often criticized, or simply just not rated highly, due to his resume. I wasn't really aware many people hated him.

Comment

that f#cking bombsquad crap. good lord. i mute the TV when he comes on. no joke. i am not going to listen to something like that.

Comment

I don't think he is hated.

Now, if Haymon maneuvers him to somehow avoid his mandatory with Povetkin, then yeah he will probably be hated.

Wilder has legitimate flaws, that are often pointed out. Sometimes people point out "flaws" with elite fighters such as Pacquaio, Ward, Golovkin, and Kovalev, but honestly that is really just nitpicking or hate because those guys have really minor flaws. No fighter is perfect. But Wilder has real flaws that a good heavyweight can exploit at any time. There just aren't many good heavyweights right now (although there are some coming up).

Comment

Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
              I dislike him because he's black...

That being said, most people outside my family start looking uncomfortable when I say this
              . So what I do now is list other reasons I don't like him even though they're not the real reason.

There are key phrases to use such as,

1. I don't like his ghettoness
              2. I don't like his thug attire
              3. I don't like his gangsta persona

4. He aint fight nobody (this a good one, because in this era of HW's that will always be an excuse).
              5. Without punching power he'd be mediocre at best (I hide the fact that my favorite fighters are matthsysee and maidana)
              6. I don't like the way he talks
              7. He paid Malik Scott off
              8. He ducked Povetkin (casuals don't read articles haha)

9. Stiverne was dehydrated so that win doesn't count
              10. I'll be impressed after he beats Fury, Klitschko, Povetkin, and rules the HW division for the next 5 years

With this list I can hide the real reason I dislike him, while openly hating on him in public
              Look at this idiot
              Last edited by Chollo Vista; 12-11-2016, 03:53 PM.

Comment

i dont hate him but he fights bums and he signifies a lot of whats wrong with boxing at the moment i.e manufactured records and cherry picking

Comment

He has no charisma.

Comment

lol only clowns will 'hate' warriors that step into the ring, let alone people they don't even know.

Comment

Wilder is a real bully and very fake.

He's been more protected than any fighter. I hate the way he celebrates beating no-hopers as if he's beaten a top contender.

Deontay beat up a ******ed man and choked a Las Vegas hooker.

Comment

Working...
                      X