Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko Admits He Hesitated Too Much, Fury's Style Hurt Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hesitated too much? I honestly don't recall (prior to the 12th) a single power shot that Wlad threw with any conviction. You were frozen with feints and movement for 11 rounds. Simple as that. Shocked the **** out of me (not that Fury won, but the way it happened). Furys game-plan made it easy for him and he hardly had to even show up to beat you. THROW in the goddamn rematch. Ko or get KOed. Better than just standing there.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I can't believe Klitschko and his team thought Fury would just blindly go for him - If that's what they thought.

Fury fought the exact same style in his last couple of fights leading up to the Klitschko fight.
      Wlad isn't the Renaissance Man he so often tries to come across as. Despite his achievements, which are nothing to sniff at mind, he seems fairly average in intelligence. I could tell from the Face Off that he was badly underestimating Fury, comparing him to David Haye and essentially just rehashing the same old threats as before. The pull out made me think that perhaps he'd realised his mistake and was trying to take stock, but the fight panned out exactly as Fury said it would.

Wlad just doesn't get Fury and that's clear now. He'll lose the rematch badly.

Comment

I expect Wlad to make some major changes and beat Fury in the rematch, or acknowledge it's over and retire.

Comment

Klitschko did look in good shape that night, I've said that before. But it's hard to believe a champion of his experience and his trainer too - didn't realise he should have taken the initiative until after the fight. Lets be real : HE KNEW THAT. The problem is - if you start going forward and get countered everytime, what do you do then? especially someone like Klitschko who doesn't like taking risks.

I think this was a more likely a case of Fury forcing Wlad to look bad by his fast movement and counters. He was forcing Wlad to fight a certain way.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Klitschko's lack of an inside game and body punching became apparent against Fury and proved to be a huge liability. With all of Wlad's other fights, his superior size, reach and boxing (and clinching) ability allowed him to carry fights without having to mix it up on the inside and punch his opponents bodies.

In the Fury fight, Tyson proved to be an elusive target (go figure, he's a colossal man and should be easy to hit ). Klitschko would have fared better had he been jabbing and throwing straight right hands to the body instead of 'headhunting' 100% of the time. Also, when both the fighters were or tied out, Klitschko should have been banging the body.
            Good points.

I also think his inability to punch on the move hurt him badly vs Fury. Wlad has never been good at moving and punching at the same time, and for the last however many years has had mostly static targets to attack ( Jennings, who caused him some stylistic problems himself, aside). Fury would always make Wlad reset with footwork and feints everytime Klitschko started lining up his jab.

Its a big problem for Wlad in the rematch to be honest, i dont know that he can pull of different tactics (inside fighting, bidy punching, fighting on the move) without leaving himself way more open than he wants to be.

Comment

Wlad needs to work on moving forward and punching. Have someone hold the pads (preferably someone taller than Banks like his brother hint hint) and move backwards and gets used to landing moving forward. Teaching him how to fight the inside game will take too long. Maybe even put the heavybag on a cable system gets used to punching on the move. He's got the punching down and power but just needs to implement it moving forward to beat Fury. He has great footwork but he'll stop before he punches so this type of training will help break that habit. I thought he was overtrained. He had a calf injury and that's why the fight was postponed. Unless that was just an excuse I don't know how at almost 40 you can come off no activity from nursing an calf injury to fight preparation and be in the the best shape of your life.. I think he overtrained. Maybe he put in more hours of work or more rounds and that makes him think hes in better shape, but if you are sacrificing your explosiveness on your legs or punching power for the ability to go more rounds or last longer it's a bad sacrifice. He should focus on his explosiveness. Medicine ball - jumping sprints etc and take a step back on the cardio aspect imo

Comment

Originally posted by fredhopple View Post
                Fury being white and a champion means a lot to boxing as Wilder is not being accepted in America as anything but a stooge and a buffoon. A White Heavyweight Champion speaks volumes for Boxing and is important to boxing's success. White means might and white means Right. Deal with it as that is life.
                Please stop with that racist-nonsense! I like Fury much more than Wilder but it has nothing to do with skin-color! Genetically all people in the world are more than 99% the same. Beside that black american have ruled the division for a long time and made some good money and the people tuned inn. Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Tyson, all boxing fans would watch!

Comment

Wlad isn't used to being the man who comes forward and throws.

That's what he must do..if anyone is capable of learning on the job, it's him.

Comment

Working...
                  X