No announcement yet.

sugar ray leonard invented "slapping"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Thank you guys,,, exactly what I wanted to say..

Leonard was the man, and in his prime he took on all challengers, and in reality was one of the hardest punching welters when he sat down on his punches.

Only idiots and trolls would belittle leonard
    September 16th 1981 was the first real time i watched sugar Ray Leonard and to this day remains the greatest fight I have ever seen..leonard the night he beat hearns....was the nearest I have ever seen to a perfect fighter..... He was up against a boxer who had all the physical advantages, he was up against a brutal puncher who was unbeaten in 32 fights with 30 kos .it was over 15 rounds and at that time was the richest fight in history with Leonard getting 11 million dollars and hearns getting 8 million ....that night Leonard showed stamina,heart,intelligence and the ability to pull it from the fire and a killer instinct to finish hearns in the 14th round...I was 9 years of age and that night Ray Leonard became my boxing idol ...in his prime who really was as good as sugar ray Leonard ...I've not seen another boxer like him since
    Last edited by The plunger man; 01-11-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
      Ahh the good ole internet, where those who've accomplished **** in boxing criticize those that gave their all for the sport....nice to see the forum hasn't lost it's touch.

Fair enough, he wasn't perfect. Correct me if I'm wrong but aside from Duran, weren't the rest of his losses after he returned from a detached retina?
      You're an idiot for quoting me. And you've achieved exactly what in Boxing to make your opinion more valid than mine? Have an NSB account half a decade before me? Get off your high horses.

What I said was factual he won a Gold @ Olympics so it wasn't that bad. I'm going to repeat myself one more time. Sugar Ray Leonard bought his amateur style to the pros esp. those pittt patty flurries he's well known for.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
        September 16th 1981 was the first real time i watched sugar Ray Leonard and to this day remains the greatest fight I have ever seen..leonard the night he beat hearns....was the nearest I have ever seen to a perfect fighter..... He was up against a boxer who had all the physical advantages, he was up against a brutal puncher who was unbeaten in 32 fights with 30 kos .it was over 15 rounds and at that time was the richest fight in history with Leonard getting 11 million dollars and hearns getting 8 million ....that night Leonard showed stamina,heart,intelligence and the ability to pull it from the fire and a killer instinct to finish hearns in the 14th round...I was 9 years of age and that night Ray Leonard became my boxing idol ...in his prime who really was as good as sugar ray Leonard ...I've not seen another boxer like him since
        Great, great post..... Outstanding

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          .............that is all...

he is the OG of all everything that is wrong in boxig...

Well that would make Hearns his beach.....

Comment

Puga doesn't come around and go to war that often anymore, but when he does make an appearance, he does go hard in the paint.

Comment

You're an idiot for quoting me. And you've achieved exactly what in Boxing to make your opinion more valid than mine? Have an NSB account half a decade before me? Get off your high horses.

What I said was factual he won a Gold @ Olympics so it wasn't that bad. I'm going to repeat myself one more time. Sugar Ray Leonard bought his amateur style to the pros esp. those pittt patty flurries he's well known for
              I'm an idiot because I don't agree with you, very mature. Also I never said my opinion was worth more than yours....funny how you get irked when you feel the slightest degree of disrespect yet you have no problem talking down on others. Lastly, you were discounting Leonard's accomplishments so why are you so upset that I quoted you?

Comment

Working...
              X