Collapse
No announcement yet.

As A Ward Fan I'm Getting Tired of His Inactivity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I question his team as far as management goes. No disrespect to J.Prince but I do think it is Politics against him which keeps people away from doing business with Ward because J.Prince is his Manager.

What is the difference now compared to when Ward was with Goossen? Same with Rigondeaux to be honest, what is the difference now with Roc Nation compared to before?

Both needed something more ESTABLISHED as a Promotions behind them and somebody more Influential in the boxing world and has the POWER to make moves for their careers not a new Upstart Promotion who is just getting started

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
      Fonfara would be a very good alternative anyone else agree ?
      That's a great idea. Fonfara makes an excellent opponent for any light heavyweight, but he also poses a threat. I'd love to see that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        It feels like Ward has gone into super-careful mode, it doesn't feel like he wants to fight a threat.

The gap in quality of the names Ward has rumored to have been putting to HBO over the last 2-3 years compared to the names he has been turning down is quite marked.
        i dont even think its that at all i think he just feels underappraciated and its now killing his career and im a real ward fan not just someone who likes him cause they dont like ggg which i see a lot of around here

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          I question his team as far as management goes. No disrespect to J.Prince but I do think it is Politics against him which keeps people away from doing business with Ward because J.Prince is his Manager.

What is the difference now compared to when Ward was with Goossen? Same with Rigondeaux to be honest, what is the difference now with Roc Nation compared to before?

Both needed something more ESTABLISHED as a Promotions behind them and somebody more Influential in the boxing world and has the POWER to make moves for their careers not a new Upstart Promotion who is just getting started
          absolutely nothing. goosen was trying to get ward fights and found him some. froch, stevenson, and bute. ward simply did not want to take those fights insisting instead that he be allowed to fight saritson, periban, truax, and some others. problem is hbo only wanted the bute, froch, stevenson type fights and not garbage. so ward simply did not fight because he did not want to fight good opponents bottom line. roc nation has more money than goosen so they can buy air time on bet if they really want so i guess that's one difference but i think roc nation is realizing right about now that ward is a super diva who only wants that easy money. they will defend him for awhile but i see them turning on ward soon just like goosen did. some ward fans will probably even blame roc nation for ruining wards career like they blamed goosen simply becauase they didn't understand what was happening.

Comment

Only getting tired of it now? It was an issue by 2013. By now it's a disaster. Some of his grievances with Goossen were legit, but enough to throw away half your career for? I don't think so.

He's a great fighter but he seems to be oblivious to how pissed off fans are with him. It only takes one big win to get your career back on track, but he has wasted nearly three of his prime years. And if he loses the sad reality is that most fans will celebrate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Only getting tired of it now? It was an issue by 2013. By now it's a disaster. Some of his grievances with Goossen were legit, but enough to throw away half your career for? I don't think so.

He's a great fighter but he seems to be oblivious to how pissed off fans are with him. It only takes one big win to get your career back on track, but he has wasted nearly three of his prime years. And if he loses the sad reality is that most fans will celebrate it.
              like what? goosen got him a 2 million guarantee and got ward on hbo. after ward got that he thought he was allowed to cherry pick and fight bums forever. the thing about that 2 mill guarantee and fighting on hbo is that they thought he was going to keep fighting good or at least solide opponents. edwin rodrigue was the only guy that they both could agree on even though he was weak. if you want to make a comparison it would be like ggg being forced into fighting curtis stevens while wanting to fight someone weaker like wtf!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                like what? goosen got him a 2 million guarantee and got ward on hbo. after ward got that he thought he was allowed to cherry pick and fight bums forever. the thing about that 2 mill guarantee and fighting on hbo is that they thought he was going to keep fighting good or at least solide opponents. edwin rodrigue was the only guy that they both could agree on even though he was weak. if you want to make a comparison it would be like ggg being forced into fighting curtis stevens while wanting to fight someone weaker like wtf!
                A friend of Ward's put up money as a co-promoter with Goossen. He hadn't officially received his promoter's license yet so an agreement was reached that the legal formalities would be finalised after that happened. Goossen reneged on the agreement, kept the guys money, and refused to recognise him as Ward's co-promoter. Ward wasn't happy about it.

This is my understanding of the situation. And if it's accurate I can understand where Ward was coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  You sure seem like it. The dude is trying his best here. Now he has some potential opponent looking to get paid money to fight him. The audacity of this new generation. The opponent also wants a signed contract well in advance of the fight. Why should Andre sign it now to give that guy all that extra time to prepare and gain an advantage?

It's just not right! You guys are trying to kill Andre Ward
                  You sound completely ******ed. Andre ward has done all this **** to himself thinking he can demand this and that. GTFO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                    That's a great idea. Fonfara makes an excellent opponent for any light heavyweight, but he also poses a threat. I'd love to see that fight.

It be a good opportunity for Fonfara as well he beats Ward he gets another crack at Asonis or even Kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by tachie01 View Post
                      You sound completely ******ed. Andre ward has done all this **** to himself thinking he can demand this and that. GTFO!!!!
                      Is your sarcasm detector broken young fella? LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X