No announcement yet.

Should Carlos Monzon be respected? This dude beat women and killed one

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Monzon was no clincher, he was a boxer/puncher. I don't respect clinchers.
    When did you start watching Mayweather fight? Also, does your nationality have anything to do with your sentiment?

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
      When did you start watching Mayweather fight? Also, does your nationality have anything to do with your sentiment?
      PBF was a very good fighter,though he lost to Castillo. FMM was a clinching fraud. All in all, Mayweather is not TBE. He's not even undefeated as they claim. Everyone knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        Exactly. You can admire someone's skills and not condone what they do outside of the sport. Skills are skills don't matter if you're a killer, a wife beater, etc. If you have undeniable talent in a particular field, cannot be denied.

Pete Rose is the perfect example.
        To me it seems like people only do this for fighters they are a fan of. I have no problem with this line of thinking. I DO have a problem with the rampant hypocrisy that goes on in these boards.

Comment

It's OK because he was an exciting fighter.

Comment

Shitty guy, great fighter.

Comment

He was a monster. He must have been a psychopath on some level for the beatings he gave to women.

That stuff does get forgotten over time though. When fighters are active their personality is still on display. When they're retired the memories fade. And when they're dead people all but forget about the horrible shit they might have done. Rightly or wrongly that's how it works.

Comment

News flash, a lot of boxers are horrible people. Who would have ever thought that individuals with a passion for violence wouldn't make the ideal spouse or friend.....groundbreaking.

Comment

I pay no attention to what he did in the ring ....he's a black mark on boxing and killing a woman and beating women senseless doesn't even get my respect as a fighter....his record in boxing speaks for itself true enough but his actions outside the ring speak louder...sport is about sportsmanship and decency and if you don't follow that then you shouldn't be applauded...was killed at only 52....maybe that's gods way of issuing karma ...no interest in knowing anything about his career......hagler came about just to late to give this bully a taste of his own medicine
                  Last edited by The plunger man; 01-09-2016, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Most boxers are ****ty people in real life. It's just the way it is. It doesn't matter how big or small you are in boxing, they all have skeletons in their closets.

Carlos Molina (the 140lb one) is a gang member from Varrio Norwalk 13 for instance. The other Carlos Molina is a child molester.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                      I pay no attention to what he did in the ring ....he's a black mark on boxing and killing a woman and beating women senseless doesn't even get my respect as a fighter....his record in boxing speaks for itself true enough but his actions outside the ring speak louder...sport is about sportsmanship and decency and if you don't follow that then you shouldn't be applauded...was killed at only 52....maybe that's gods way of issuing karma ...no interest in knowing anything about his career......hagler came about just to late to give this bully a taste of his own medicine
                      so you are not interested in monzon's career but at the same time you say hagler would have punished monzon? ok

Comment

Working...
                      X