No announcement yet.

guerrero overlooked martinez or shot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guerrero overlooked martinez or shot?

im going with guerrero overlooked martinez. hes not shot.
    and thats why im favoring guerrero to win vs garcia

I think he was never that good to begin with, add age to that and you see what he is now. He still has a chance because the quality of fighters nowadays is really poor which is why a corpse like morales could hang with Danny and chino.

Comment

His cousin who he was close with also died like a week before the fight. But maybe Martinez is better than his record. He did beat devon

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        I think he was never that good to begin with, add age to that and you see what he is now. He still has a chance because the quality of fighters nowadays is really poor which is why a corpse like morales could hang with Danny and chino.
        didnt he test positive for something??

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel_T5 View Post
          didnt he test positive for something??
          Ya, including the fight he got knocked out in. My point is more just about overall skill level. I find guys from the early 2000's and before to just be better fighters overall which is why they're still hanging around past the mid 30's and can challenge these new guys.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            His cousin who he was close with also died like a week before the fight. But maybe Martinez is better than his record. He did beat devon
            That's what I was thinking , add in a bit of underestimating Martinez who's was probably hungry as hell

I don't think Guerrero is shot to bits like most on here seem to beleive.

Comment

Don't think he is shot.
              He probably over looked Martinez, he was a 40 to 1 favorite, probably thought his people gave him a easy fight. Also the Thurman fight was 3 month prior, not enough time to fully recover, let alone train on top of it.
              If he was shot, either Thurman or Martinez would have been able to finish the much smaller fighter, both had him hurt, Robert fought back like Gatti did.

He has a shot in this fight, but will have to get a KO or completely dominate, we know Danny gets the benefit of the doubt on the cards.
              Danny by decision, seems most likely.
              Fight could have some good action.

Comment

I think he is shot however I also think there is a reason for his rapid decline. After the Mayweather fight Guerrero was was strapped with legal problems and didn't fight for a good year. I also think he didn't do much in terms of training in that time because he couldn't fight, probably didn't train, and was stressed over his legal issues. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was drinking during this time either. You add in age and you get a rapidly deteriorating fighter.

Comment

Always overrated.

Comment

Been overrated especially at WW, been through 2 grueling fights back to back with the last one arguably being defeated by someone no one in the top teir or even B level fighters should be losing too so that argument is there to be made he shot but being said War Guerrero I just dont think that highly of Garcia, If garcia doesnt land THE GARSH guerrero wins!.

War Guerrero.

Comment

Working...
                    X