No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather's Talk of Racism, McGregor Goes Viral

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather's Talk of Racism, McGregor Goes Viral

Floyd Mayweather's comments in a recent interview went viral, when the boxer stated that he believes "racism still exists in the sport of boxing," and took aim at UFC superstars Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor.

Mayweather, when was asked by Fighthype.com about his opinion on the current state of boxing, citing racism as the reason that the position of Andre Ward (4th place) was not higher in the pound for pound rankings of the magazine Ring Magazine.

[Click Here To Read More]

I made all muh monies but I still complain.. boo hoo boo hoo.

Comment

What he's saying is true. ESPN despises him for the trash talk, but McGregor does the exact same thing with the cars the talk and America loves it! I mean racism does exist! Hispanics and African Americans go through it as well as many others. But for some reason I see a lot of Mexicans hating on blacks on this site and its crazy. And racism exist big time in boxing. Jim Lampley just to name a few. But it's no surprise it's America! The media is always looking for the next white hype. He doesn't even have to be white! He just can't be black or Mexican

Comment

boohooo american hates blacks because they dont rate andre ward number 1 even though his last legit fight was back in 2011.

Comment

Is Mayweather really gonna be on the forefront against racism?
          They should probably pick somebody else.

Comment

People need to stop putting microphones in front of Floyd. Who the **** cares about his opinion?

Comment

Andre Ward is about right though! He's probably the true #1 if not behind Rigo only because he's been inactive, but as soon as he beat Krusher he'll be at the top!
              But they're big double standards! Everyone from each side likes to call Floyd and Pac cherry picks, but Ggg is being praised right now and doesn't even have a Berto or Algeri on his resume! Floyd moved up 6weight classes and Pac moved up 7! (I only give him credit for 7 because that title at 154 was a joke) Why isn't anyone pushing for GGG to move up in weight? **** even Broner moved up. He could still be knocking boys out at 135 if he wanted to

Comment

Perhaps because McGregor is an exciting offensive fighter and not a woman beating, defensive and generally fan unfriendly fighter??

Didn't Mayweather call someone Poochiao when taking about eating dogs?

Go get that race card with your salty tears.
                Lots of black boxers are loved...its just usually the fan friendly style that's appreciated. Fight face first and with a big set of balls and people love it. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
                  boohooo american hates blacks because they dont rate andre ward number 1 even though his last legit fight was back in 2011.
                  That's not what he said, but you would be a fool to think racism doesn't exist. And there's a clear double standard in boxing when it comes to certain fighters

Comment

he may be right about the rousey thing but andre ward is ****in ****e. great fighter obviously, but he doesnt destroy opponents in the same way ggg does so of course he's not gonna get the same recognition, he uses negative tactics, excessive holding etc, AND he doesnt have a big personality!! ggg is very marketable, nice smile, cute broken engliush. And more to the point, speaking of p4p rankings, how active has andre ward been this last 4 years? he's fought like two guys? ggg has fought maybe 3 or 4 times a year...i

I do agree there is racism in the sport and in the world in general and its a ****ing disease that needs wiped out, but sometimes the likes of Floyd and RJJ see it where it isn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X