No announcement yet.

Without a doubt, David Benavidez will be future champ at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without a doubt, David Benavidez will be future champ at 175

I give this kid a year and a half to two years before he's challenging Ward/Kovalev for the lineal title at 175.

This kid just turned 19 a few weeks ago and has the goods and is without a doubt a future champ in a year or so.

Remember the name because you heard it here first.

Kid was sparring GGG and Pavlik at 6-0 and putting in work. GGG said his jab gives brain damage

Comment

... in two years he will fight at the Cruiserweight...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        He is big, but I think that's more to him not watching his diet and eating too many taco's than being a professional athlete. If you look at his face, the kid is bloated. I'd be more concerned if he was a ripped/lean 175'lber at this age, but he's chubby/chunky.

Also, there's too many career Light Heavies that have made the cut to name.
        Last edited by Chollo Vista; 01-03-2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          he used to be fat like superheavy weigth status he lost a whole lotta weight. I remeber when dude used to wear plastic bags and run in the middle of the summer in 110 degrees trying to lost that fat. good for him he got it down.

Comment

he looks just like the other Benavidez

ORDINARIO

Comment

Yea he's been on my mental watchlist since I found out Jose Benavidez had a younger brother who boxed 2 or 3 years ago. Some cat was saying TR passed on him. Wonder if thats cuz of the weight stuff you bring up. Seems like in this era a promoter would wanna load up on promising Mexican/Mex-American prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Yea he's been on my mental watchlist since I found out Jose Benavidez had a younger brother who boxed 2 or 3 years ago. Some cat was saying TR passed on him. Wonder if thats cuz of the weight stuff you bring up. Seems like in this era a promoter would wanna load up on promising Mexican/Mex-American prospects.
                yeah man like 4-5 years ago it didnt look good for david he was huge, you can look on old ellie videos and see him if that was the channel I saw him on (im pretty sure) but I dont think any promoter would have took him seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                  He is big, but I think that's more to him not watching his diet and eating too many taco's than being a professional athlete. If you look at his face, the kid is bloated. I'd be more concerned if he was a ripped/lean 175'lber at this age, but he's chubby/chunky.

Also, there's too many career Light Heavies that have made the cut to name.
                  He should fight at 168 right now; and work his muscles...

Comment

Looks alright. A little too deliberate but not bad. Won't be champ in two years though.

Comment

Working...
                    X