Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do even the most mediocre fights take so long to get made at pbc?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moonboxer86 View Post
    take all of these fights for instance,
    • garcia-peterson
    • quillin-jacobs
    • santa cruz-mares
    • porter-thurman tbd

they say - "well pbc aint been here dat long tho! it's only been a year tho!"

yes, pbc has only been around for a year however these fighters have been managed by haymon for a very long time now. each one of them. that is only 3 elite fights that pbc has broadcasted...what a joke!
    because you won't stop watching.

keep watching, you'll keep seeing bs

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      I have no issue as long as they continue to try to make them. I just find it weird that so much hoopla takes place when one gets made. I mean I like Thurman vs Porter. It is a good fight, but some on the internet are acting like its Floyd vs Manny all over again. It is a fight between 2 top 10 contenders. It is not a super fight.
      Where you seeing that much hype at? I mean there are always fanboys of everything in boxing & sports in general so some people are gonna at like when Trey Lippe fights a guy on a 5 fight win streak its a huge thing, but the general consensus isn't gonna conform to that point of view.

I see about the same excitement for Porter vs Thurman as I see for other fights between top 5, top 10 caliber guys. Its worthy of attention, but it doesn't seem off the charts for what you'd expect. In fact if anything I think its getting a lot of bad attention cuz the rumors have suggested PBC has kicked it back from Dec. to Jan. to Feb. & now to March. That & the Porter's talking about the status of the fight every other week has surely gotten it more attention then it deserves I guess you could argue, but mostly its bad attention.

Comment

• garcia-peterson
        • quillin-jacobs
        • santa cruz-mares
        • porter-thurman tbd

yes, pbc has only been around for a year however these fighters have been managed by haymon for a very long time now. each one of them. that is only 3 elite fights that pbc has broadcasted...what a joke!
        These types of fights should be the norm, not the exception on a piece of programming which is supposed to bring attention back to boxing. We don't need two scrubs facing off against each other on a weekly basis.

Comment

• garcia-peterson
          • quillin-jacobs
          • santa cruz-mares
          • porter-thurman tbd

Ward, Kovalev, GGG, Cotto, Canelo, Lomachenko, Walters, Crawford, Pacquiao are all with HBO but we gotta wait over a year for those fights?

All the fights you mentioned have been made in less than a year. What's your complaint?
          Last edited by about.thousands; 01-03-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Just off the top of my head thinking -- it's like PBC is feeding Danny Garcia the same guys Thurman just fought. What is it? Guerrero and Luis Collazo.

Collazo is being passed around more than a 5 dollar Tijuana hooker.

Comment

Top 10 ranked fighters fighting eachother = medicore.
              Golovkin fighting actual mediocre and below top 10 guys and less than top 10(less than top 10: Adama, Monroe, Ishida, Rosado) = cleaning up the division, greatness, Top 10 P4P status.

Comment

Ward vs Kovalev-marinate. Gotta watch Kovalev fight a pointless rematch and Ward bring up SMW journeymen to fight LHW

Cotto vs GGG-marinated to long. Cotto lost

Canelo vs GGG-marinate. GGG vs Heiland and Canelo vs Rosado will get the people ready

Pacquiao vs. Bradley-marinate. Gotta watch Pacquiao vs Bradley III. That's the fight the people want to see

Comment

I was saying this two years ago on this forum all this overpaying guys is going to be a problem because when they do step up those guy will be asking for crazy money

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Didn't take long for freedom to make an alt
                    lol.............

Comment

If this isn't an alt IDK what is.

Comment

Working...
                      X