Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather be smart, if GGG is easy, then hundreds of Million$ are waiting !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen people ignore a fighter's age like they do for Mayweather. NEVER.

Comment

Mayweather be smart??? Don't you mean Mayweather IS smart? C'mon people, proper grammar should be a New Years resolution for 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
        Mayweather be smart??? Don't you mean Mayweather IS smart? C'mon people, proper grammar should be a New Years resolution for 2016.
        No, actually I'm asking him to be smart, not calling him smart.... You didn't pay attention to the context....

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          To quote you it doesn't work like that, Mosley didn't become the biggest star by beating Oscar, and Forrest didn't become the biggest star by then beating Mosley and Mayorga did not become the biggest star by beating Forrest. JMM didn't become a huge star for beating Manny nor did Hopkins for beating Oscar.
          True however Ggg has a lot of momentum of his own, and is already one of the biggest names around. I bet he gets a bigger bump than those guys from a conclusive Canelo win

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
            I've never seen people ignore a fighter's age like they do for Mayweather. NEVER.
            This is so true. People talk as if he guy is still in his 20s. People act like if you haven't lost recently it means you are not slipping. Floyd at 38 is probably 60% of what he was at his peak.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              I laugh every time GGG fans make threads like this...Mayweather a 38 almost 39 year old ww is suppose to un retire and fight GGG? but GGG cant fight Ward??? you just posted all of this in one post
              Best post in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
                If Floyd believes what he's saying about GGG, why encourage Ward to fight him ???

Mayweather should be encouraging Canelo, Jacobs, Saunders and any other talent in and around the Middleweight division to fight GGG...

Once GGG unifies the division and the hype machine is in overdrive, call out GGG at 154 ....

Assuming GGG beats Canelo, among others.
                There would be no larger a fight to be made in boxing then a undefeated unified Middleweight Champ in GGG vs returning undefeated legend Floyd Mayweather !!!

It would be bigger than the Pac fight, it would make more $$$ than the Pac fight.. Floyd would still be the A side and can dictate terms.... The public would go crazy for the matchup....

So, if GGG is easy pickings then why let Ward spoil a possible several Hundred Million Dollar match between Floyd & GGG ???? The largest payday in the history of boxing is within reach despite the buzz killing Pac vs May yawner...

Floyd has always been smart in the business end of boxing... Can't he see this opportunity ??? There is no denying, a undefeated unified Middleweight Champ in GGG vs Floyd Mayweather would be the largest payday ever !!! That added to Floyds already ridiculous bank account makes logical sense ...

Don't lack vision, not GGG today but the one he would become ... If GGG KO's Canelo, his stock goes through the roof !!! If he has a 24 or 25 fight KO streak going in, people will pay to see if he can KO Floyd as well...

People paid to see May win or lose vs Pac, don't kid yourselves.... Pac is great, but people paid to see Floyd win or for Floyd to lose... They will do the same for GGG... It's entertainment and the biggest potential fight out there... Mayweather is so polarizing a figure people will tune in...
                Gayweather doesn't even want to be in the same country as GGG, let alone the same estate.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  True however Ggg has a lot of momentum of his own, and is already one of the biggest names around. I bet he gets a bigger bump than those guys from a conclusive Canelo win
                  I would say Canelo is not Oscar or Manny

Comment

A Mayweather vs. GGG fight would be huge. It would be the 3rd biggest fight he could make.

But let's be real, a rematch with Pac-Man is what would make the most money. If Mayweather does come back, that's the fight that would happen.

If he does come back and doesn't fight Manny, he'd fight Canelo, which would be a bigger fight. If Cotto could win a few, that would likely be a bigger fight too.

A GGG fight would probably be the only way I'd pay for a Mayweather fight again, but it's not fair to ask a guy to go up that far in weight.
                    Last edited by Rich2123; 12-31-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MindGame View Post
                      No, actually I'm asking him to be smart, not calling him smart.... You didn't pay attention to the context....
                      It's not smart to come out of retirement at 39 years old for a guy who did 97k on PPV. Maybe a Pacquiao or Canelo rematch, anything else wouldn't lure Floyd out of retirement.

Comment

Working...
                      X