Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "Pac-Man" Pacquiao vs "Desert Storm" Bradley 3 Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    Yeah your right, HBO said according to TBTR too... I think that's fair anyway so my bad man.

Yeah upon reflection I think having Manny and Bradley at 1&2 is sensible, the other welters haven't done enough.

This is the right time for Pac to close the door.
    Retirement is the best idea. Manny while not completely shot just doesn't like to get hit anymore and that kind of makes for boring fights. I think if he was going to pass the torch, Bradley would have been the one. But it just wasn't meant to be.

The new generation just going have to make it to super stardom by themselves.

Comment

• Manny can still beat a lot of welterweights out there

Comment

• PAC did better than I thought in the first half, that *****ty stream skewed my perceptions. This was similar to the first PAC Bradley fight. He looked good here, better than the second fight for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
          The jab counts are absolute BS. Manny hardly threw jabs while Bradley was pumping it in Manny's face the whole fight through.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that they screwed up the sides on this paper.

And lost twice against him.

Vs. TBE where he holds a very lucrative multi-million dollar win over Pac.

Sweet Science.
          My point was just that Manny is generally more hesitant to throw punches nowadays. He threw the same number of punches against a guy who went on to lose the fight as he did against Floyd. I think Manny would have thrown more punches against Floyd at an earlier time, though I don't necessarily believe he would have won at any point.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
              Every man has tried it once.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                My point was just that Manny is generally more hesitant to throw punches nowadays. He threw the same number of punches against a guy who went on to lose the fight as he did against Floyd. I think Manny would have thrown more punches against Floyd at an earlier time, though I don't necessarily believe he would have won at any point.
                Which is why a rematch with Floyd is pointless. I saw no improvement or change in Manny Pacquiao whatsoever against an opponent the majority of boxing fans felt would have no chance at beating him.

I didn't see Manny try that much harder against Bradley than he did against Algieri. If anything, Bradley lost focus after the first knockdown - which I still felt was BS - and got dejected. We got no firemen speech, so Bradley wasn't fired back up as expected.

I saw Bradley try for a counter overhand on at least 15 occasions but he was too slow to snap it out. Where Floyd would have handily landed it because Manny was wide open.

Fighting TBE again would result in the same outcome and the same fight flow. There's NO point and I sincerely hope Floyd doesn't offer that. Stay retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  No, no they did not. They had it wrong almost all across the board and they were clearly biased towards Manny. It was bad. Especially Poncher. I don't know if she was on the HBO commentary team - I assume so - but that's the team I was hearing and they were awful. They credited nearly no good points from Bradley's performance despite this being the best we've seen him.

Then, you see Manny's face, he's bruised from Bradley's shots, Bradley's face is untouched despite being knocked down twice. It's Algieri all over again.
                  I was watching HBO and they credited Bradley's good shots frequently. They said Tim looked fab and might beat anyone tonight, just not Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Every man has tried it once.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      I was watching HBO and they credited Bradley's good shots frequently. They said Tim looked fab and might beat anyone tonight, just not Manny.
                      Ok, well then it was the Top Rank commentators apparently. All I know is Poncher was getting on my nerves. They should never let her commentate again.

Comment

Working...
                      X