No announcement yet.

ESPN KO of the Year: Canelo Vs Kirkland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Does ESPN got a boxing staff that votes on this stuff or is it just Dan?

Definitely my choice for KO of the Year too doe.

That Edwin Rodriguez vs Michael Seals fight would get my KD of the Year award if that was an award. I think the final KD & KO wasn't THAT interesting, but there was crazy ass KD's before it.
    I thought of the Rodriguez vs Seals fight as well, but you're right, the knock downs were more memorable

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      So in other words it's a popularity contest. That's all you had to say. There were a few better KOs on the list, but Canelo won due to popularity. I don't care if 17 people saw a different KO, if it was more impressive then it's the better KO.

Not to take anything away from Canelo, because it was a good knockout(against a guy who is chinny). Not KO of the year IMO, but this was given by ESPN. I'll give an example: When I saw the Canelo vs Kirkland fight and James got knocked out I thought it was a good knockout and James was alright. When I saw the Vicente vs Dominguez KO I was literally concerned for the guy's life, that's how brutal of a KO it was, so it's the more impressive knockout
      Now granted these guys were fighting in what looks like a bingo hall, and I didn't see it live, but when I first saw this highlight......

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Now granted these guys were fighting in what looks like a bingo hall, and I didn't see it live, but when I first saw this highlight......

Damn!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          oscar sure sent alot of money to espn this year
          You think it was as much as Floyd sent to the NSAC?

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            So in other words it's a popularity contest. That's all you had to say. There were a few better KOs on the list, but Canelo won due to popularity. I don't care if 17 people saw a different KO, if it was more impressive then it's the better KO.

Not to take anything away from Canelo, because it was a good knockout(against a guy who is chinny). Not KO of the year IMO, but this was given by ESPN. I'll give an example: When I saw the Canelo vs Kirkland fight and James got knocked out I thought it was a good knockout and James was alright. When I saw the Vicente vs Dominguez KO I was literally concerned for the guy's life, that's how brutal of a KO it was, so it's the more impressive knockout
            It's a mixture of the brutal ko and the stage it happened. Im sure there were many better kos in 2002 you could probably find some youtube of a fight in a elementary school size gym that was better but Lewis/tyson still won it because it was brutal and in front of millions more fans. If you have similar brutal kos the bigger stage is gonna win and that's how it's always been. Nothing new here.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
              i doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
                LOL I wonder how much all those IV injections cost junior?

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  i doubt it
                  of course you do you simpleton.I wouldn't put anything past a guy who brutally beats the mother of his kids.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    Man, they're going all out to promote Canelo as the next big thing.
                    honestly, that was my first reaction....

Quality of opponent considered...not my choice or even top 3, but couldve been worse

the KO of Huck was better because of the comeback and quality of fighter knocked out....Kirkland hasnt been a top ten contender in some time

Comment

I think you could include Rodriguez-Seals the knockout at the end was pretty devastating.

Another that a dude has as a sig .gif is that Lubin knockout over Camacho, you won't see a prettier left hook and it made the dude swim on dry land.

Comment

Working...
                      X