No announcement yet.

Latest update on potential Thurman vs Porter fight [12/28/15]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest update on potential Thurman vs Porter fight [12/28/15]

Sources close to the situation have informed us that a showdown between undefeated welterweight champion Keith Thurman and former world champion Shawn Porter is definitely taking place in early 2016. Fans have been itching for the fight to be finalized ever since FightHype.com first broke the news back in August that the bout was already in the works. Since then, however, there have been several erroneous reports about potential dates, venues, and networks. At one point, Team Porter even claimed that the fight may not take place at all, suggesting that Thurman was not happy with his financial arrangements. Fortunately, we're told that fans can rest easy knowing that the two fighters are still on a collision course to face each other next.

On January 23, Premier Boxing Champions will be making its Fox prime time debut when undefeated former world champion Danny Garcia faces multi-division former world champion Robert Guerrero. One source informs us that similarly, the Thurman vs. Porter bout will likely headline PBC's prime time debut on CBS some time in February. Although the official date, venue, and network is still being finalized and plans could change, our understanding is that Thurman vs. Porter could very well take place either February 20th or February 27th on CBS prime time. Either way, our sources all confirm that Keith Thurman and Shawn Porter will indeed be facing each other for their next bout.

It should be noted that Keith Thurman also headlined two other prime time debuts for Premier Boxing Champions. On March 7, he defeated Robert Guerrero in the very first PBC card on NBC prime time, and on July 11, he defeated Luis Collazo on the inaugural PBC card on ESPN prime time.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article22913.html

Ahh maybe that's been the delay haymon must be trying to get dates for CBS in primetime.

Comment

And tomorrow the Porter's will talk to the media & 20 NSBers will be saying Thurman scared doe & the cycle will continue. Seen this go down like 4 or 5 times with this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        And tomorrow the Porter's will talk to the media & 20 NSBers will be saying Thurman scared doe & the cycle will continue. Seen this go down like 4 or 5 times with this fight.
        Man if they get that fight made for the 20th or the 27th we better get at least one promo during the super bowl that would be big.

Comment

thurmans a bitch, cant be fast enough to watch this clown get iced.

Comment

Would be a great fight for CBS primetime, but crazy that this still isn't confirmed as long as it's been discussed.

I'm just glad it looks like the fight will happen...the first of many needed fights in the WW division.

Comment

it better be for the wba

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                Man if they get that fight made for the 20th or the 27th we better get at least one promo during the super bowl that would be big.
                Oh **** yea didn't think about that. Forgot last years "the champ is here" super bowl ads. I think is a near lock bet we see some Porter vs Thurman Super Bowl ads.

Hell come to think of it this might be why the fight hasn't happened yet, Super Bowl ads might be the issue & aligning things up good for a post Super Bowl date. Ken Porter gonna have to wear a dress & call Haymon big daddy for all the bs & grief he's been giving everyone during the last few months if this is true with all the media attention his son gonna get.

I think this is the biggest most interesting fight with some potential for low level mainstream appeal PBC has lined up. It would make a ton of sense to hype it up during the most watched event of the year. Line up some PBC 24/7 type show perhaps after the Super Bowl on some other channel or something maybe. Probably too much to ask to get it on after the Super Bowl on the same channel, but if thats doable even better.

Comment

Hmmm & the Super Bowl is on CBS (I legit don't watch any sport that doesn't involve fighting so I had to google it lol) & this fight is gonna be on CBS from the sounds of it. Yea they are definitely wanting to hype this during the Super Bowl & maybe have some side-programming to go along with it for maximum exposure/audience. Didn't see it mentioned that PBC has purchased ad time yet, but I bet its being lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Hmmm & the Super Bowl is on CBS (I legit don't watch any sport that doesn't involve fighting so I had to google it lol) & this fight is gonna be on CBS from the sounds of it. Yea they are definitely wanting to hype this during the Super Bowl & maybe have some side-programming to go along with it for maximum exposure/audience. Didn't see it mentioned that PBC has purchased ad time yet, but I bet its being lined up.
                    Yup remember last year the super bowl was on NBC and the Thurman-Guerrero fight was on NBC like a month after I remember seeing one of the promos before the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X