Canelo - ESPN Fighter of the year 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Canelo had a very good year.

Mayweather was the fighter of the year though.
    totally agree with you...

Comment

Im fine with Canelo winning...There was no great choice this year.

Mayweather beat Pacquaio and it was his award to lose and then he went out of his way to fight Andre Berto, the worst possible 147 opponent he could've fought when there was several strong 147 options that he didn't even consider. That was very weak.

Golovkin is not a bad choice, depending on how you highly you rate Monroe. Lemieux and Murray were excellent wins and performances. Monroe, in my opinion is a top 10 middleweight that would outbox guys like Quillin. I understand that many disagree and think Monroe is trash. I understand.

Fury has a win just as good as Mayweather but I don't even remember the other guy he fought this year.

I've seen people mention DeGale...whatever. He barely beat Dirrell...a fighter that is great at finding ways to lose.

Comment

Espn proving once again they dksab

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
          If Marquez didn't get fighter of the year for KOing pacquiao, mayweather wasn't going to get it for UDing pac

Meh canelos ok I guess

Nobody really got a great win this year
          Marquez was getting ****ed up before scoring the KO, Mayweather made it look easy.

Comment

espn really showing their distaste for Mayweather'

If any other fighter beat the other biggest star of the era they would've been fighter of the year

I hope Canelo doesn't get any of that Rousey curse.....getting a reward he didn't deserve and then get murked the next fight

Canelo had a good year but beating Manny and Berto > Kirkland and Cotto

Floyd deserves it....he beat Cotto and Canelo in the past and beat a top 5 p4p guy in Pac

ESPN have been ready for his departure from the sport for some time

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Espn proving once again they dksab
              I remember when the fighter of the year, really was the best fighter that year or had the biggest win......accolades use to mean something, the past decade in boxing they really don't.....Freddie Roach with all those undeserved trainer of the year awards and Canelo beat Cotto who Mayweather beat years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                Canelo deserves it more than Mayweather and Fury

The PED cheater should have lost the may 2nd fight, and failed to impress against an injured, washed up Pacquiao, then fought a bum and rode into the sunset

Fury beat an absent minded Wladimir, but the fight was so terrible, so ****ing ****ty that both fighters deserved to lose. nothing glorious on that performance, just a tired old champion giving up his belt to a younger guy

Canelo on the other hand, beat the rejuvenated version of HOF'er Cotto and the hardest puncher in the division and gave us a KOTY candidate.

Canelo deserves it, although nobody had a truly great win this year
                I don't even know where to begin with this post.

Comment

Canelo gets underrated sometimes but he's not FOTY

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                    Im fine with Canelo winning...There was no great choice this year.

Mayweather beat Pacquaio and it was his award to lose and then he went out of his way to fight Andre Berto, the worst possible 147 opponent he could've fought when there was several strong 147 options that he didn't even consider. That was very weak.

Golovkin is not a bad choice, depending on how you highly you rate Monroe. Lemieux and Murray were excellent wins and performances. Monroe, in my opinion is a top 10 middleweight that would outbox guys like Quillin. I understand that many disagree and think Monroe is trash. I understand.

Fury has a win just as good as Mayweather but I don't even remember the other guy he fought this year.

I've seen people mention DeGale...whatever. He barely beat Dirrell...a fighter that is great at finding ways to lose.
                    Floyd beat Manny in a fight that did 4.6 mil PPV's. Fury beat Wlad, who hadn't lost in over 11 years. Those are 2 EPIC wins, even if the fights were not as entertaining as we hoped.

It's an out right travesty that Dan gave Canelo the award (and had GGG 2nd) over either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Floyd beat Manny in a fight that did 4.6 mil PPV's. Fury beat Wlad, who hadn't lost in over 11 years. Those are 2 EPIC wins, even if the fights were not as entertaining as we hoped.

It's an out right travesty that Dan gave Canelo the award (and had GGG 2nd) over either of them.
                      It's a shame that a fat biased **** that knows **** all about boxing is such a prominent voice for the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X