Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Arum, De La Hoya Don’t Care About Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the same guy who owns a promotional company, and has his fighters slug it out in sparring with unlimited rounds until one of them is concussed?

Yeah, TMT be currin' 'bout dey fightaz doe

Comment

If any boxing promoter actually cared about the boxers they would say the exact same thing to EVERY fighter who took the time to talk to them. Which is this "For Gods sake, stop boxing RIGHT NOW. This is an insanely dangerous sport. Go back to college and get yourself a nice job in an office".

If you're not trying to get them to stop boxing, you're not concerned with their long term health.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... Floyd sounds like "fighters' protection program"...
        Exactly. .it's not like Canelo ain't getting pay ..plus I'm more concerned with elite fighters fighting cab/bus drivers..I'm concerned about those drivers health too...example. .Garcia vs SALKA. .da driver almost got kill..Floyd saying those guys health don't matter..only name fighters health is an issue.

Comment

shameful!

Comment

I don't see where Oscar is trying to throw Canelo in with GGG. I thought it was more the WBC that is forcing the fight. They both are top fighters and they both just came off of tough fights. I'm just hoping they can meet at 157 or GGG go ahead and come down to 155 so this fight can happen in September.

Comment

True story. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by nveleven View Post
                Is this the same guy who owns a promotional company, and has his fighters slug it out in sparring with unlimited rounds until one of them is concussed?

Yeah, TMT be currin' 'bout dey fightaz doe
                True story. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rich2123 View Post
                  If any boxing promoter actually cared about the boxers they would say the exact same thing to EVERY fighter who took the time to talk to them. Which is this "For Gods sake, stop boxing RIGHT NOW. This is an insanely dangerous sport. Go back to college and get yourself a nice job in an office".

If you're not trying to get them to stop boxing, you're not concerned with their long term health.
                  Right, so they may have some general concern for their fighters, just like NFL owners have general concerns for their players, but they want and need the money that these athletes generate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    So Floyd is upset at GBP and TR for trying to put together big fights?

As a promoter, the fighters well being doesn't mean a whole lot. Its about making money.

Floyd doesn't have a GGG or a Canelo in his stable, in fact he doesn't have anyone in his stable that can even remotely come close being considered a big name in the sport. Let's be honest.

What he should do is focus on his 3rd rate promotional company and putting his fighters in good and competitive fights like GBP has been doing this year.
                    He is answering questions I dont think he is upset just giving his opinion .

I dont agree the Cotto fight was a tough fight I think Canelo can go straight into another superfight after a hit out like that .

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      So Floyd is upset at GBP and TR for trying to put together big fights?

As a promoter, the fighters well being doesn't mean a whole lot. Its about making money.

Floyd doesn't have a GGG or a Canelo in his stable, in fact he doesn't have anyone in his stable that can even remotely come close being considered a big name in the sport. Let's be honest.

What he should do is focus on his 3rd rate promotional company and putting his fighters in good and competitive fights like GBP has been doing this year.
                      a promoter should care about his fighters tho i mean dont be ridiculous they shouldnt just be a money sign

Comment

Working...
                      X