No announcement yet.

PBC on NBC averages 2M viewers. HBO Championship Boxing averages 1.3M

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
    Yes. But raw numbers are raw numbers. For example, Crawford's last fight did roughly a million viewers. Figueroa last fight did 1.8M. So 800,000k people more people know who Figueroa is than Crawford. You want your fighters to get maximum exposure. PBC's B level fighters are getting more exposure than HBO's A level fighters.
    how about PBC a level fighters on showtime championship boxing doing numbers less than half of HBO championship boxing numbers or the low numbers from NBC SPorts network

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Yes. But raw numbers are raw numbers. For example, Crawford's last fight did roughly a million viewers. Figueroa last fight did 1.8M. So 800,000k people more people know who Figueroa is than Crawford. You want your fighters to get maximum exposure. PBC's B level fighters are getting more exposure than HBO's A level fighters.
      A "raw numbers" approach is flawed to begin with. Nobody cares about 800k who can't afford HBO. They don't buy PPV nor do they do much discretionary spending on the sport.

Comment

If Boxing is going to get back to 4 million + viewers they better hope the heavyweight division gets better soon

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          It just means that on average 800k boxing fans can't afford HBO. It's easily $100 for a package that includes HBO where you can get a package with NBC and cbs for like $14 a month. You are comparing apples to oranges my friend
          HBO has about 114 million total members according to Bloomberg
          That means over 110 M members don't give a **** about boxinf

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            HBO has about 114 million total members according to Bloomberg
            That means over 110 M members don't give a **** about boxinf
            I'm not sure what members are, but HBO has less than 30 million subscribers in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              I'm not sure what members are, but HBO has less than 30 million subscribers in the US.
              maybe they assume 3.8 people per household lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles...e-that-netflix

Probably counting g both hbo now and hbo go members?

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
                  A "raw numbers" approach is flawed to begin with. Nobody cares about 800k who can't afford HBO. They don't buy PPV nor do they do much discretionary spending on the sport.
                  I don't PBC is looking to make PPV's. If you look at the commercials run during the shows most, if not all, aren't boxing commercials. Another thing people don't realize is that these aren't time-buys in the traditional sense of the word. NBC has invested money into this venture. The truth of the matter is none of us know exactly what's going on but I don't think it's as bad as people are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    how about PBC a level fighters on showtime championship boxing doing numbers less than half of HBO championship boxing numbers or the low numbers from NBC SPorts network
                    Spike TV is doing as well if not better than HBO Boxing After Dark. I think that's a good comparison to make because both cards usually show prospects or B to low A level fighters. I'll do that comparison later.

I haven't did the Bounce TV, NBCSN, ESPN, FS1 numbers yet. I'm going to try and do the comparisons over the next week or so. I'm trying to figure out how to do those because of the number of shows.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles...e-that-netflix

Probably counting g both hbo now and hbo go members?
                      If you count their streams and international channels that might add up.

Comment

Working...
                      X