Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel Jacobs hints at the GGG fight happening in 2016

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news, BJS is asking to fight Martin Murray next so that kills 95% of the posters in this thread's argument of "unify the titles, doe".

Where does that leave us?

Canelo wanting the fight at 155 and oh yeah, Taureno Johnson.

Like I said, for 2016, you guys will get GGG vs Taureno Johnson and Omar Chavez and love it.

Comment

• Jacobs has said that he wants to become a super star in the sport. This is his way there.

Comment

• Jacobs should man up and campaign to fight GGG...Tell Haymon that's what you want. GGG is the man in the middleweight division when it comes to skill, prestige, belts, and money. The only person that I remember actually campaigning to fight him is Tureano Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
          Cotto should man up and campaign to fight Mayweather...Tell Arum that's what you want. Mayweather is the man in the welterweight division when it comes to skill, prestige, belts, and money. The only person that I remember actually campaigning to fight him is Ricky Hatton.
          Replace the above with 2008. See what I did there?

What's funny is the same guys regurgitating the above were the same ones totally against this way of thinking from 2008 'til now.

Comment

• Good fight to have happen, definitely is a better fight than BJS or Canelo in terms of legacy wise but sure If this fight can be made for March/April then the winner can fight Chickenelo who will still probably want a catchweight because in those 8 months he will have only gained 2lbs If that

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
              So you value "belts" over best vs best?

If GGG has been the consensus MW champion for the last 3 years, why does it matter if he gets stripped for not fighting Taureno Johnson anyway?

I don't think you understand that BJS is scared of GGG and won't fight him for at least another 18 months and Canelo-GGG are having trouble finding common ground on the weight issues.
              While I am excited about the prospect of an undisputed 160lb champ, I value good fights above all. To that point, GGG/DJ isn't so much of an improvement in terms of competitive match, than GGG/BJS, to outweigh the chances of a true undisputed champ, imo. GGG is heads & shoulders above those two.

Belts matter in the sport of boxing, no matter how you try to play it. To the fighters, belts bring prestige and higher purses. GGG has been the consensus best middleweight for a few years, but definitely not the "consensus MW champ" as you put it. That designation has historically belonged to the lineal champion, right or wrong, duck or no ducking.

Also, I would not call any fighter "scared." It takes a real man to step in between those ropes and put their life on the line for our entertainment. Beyond that point, money talks. If the price is right, I'm sure BJS will fight GGG.

I will also add that, if GGG were to fight Jacobs and KO him early like I predict, where would that leave Golovkin? In the same spot he is in now. People will discredit the victory claiming Jacobs was a tomato can (I don't rate DJ highly, a skilled boxer but definitely not elite), he brings no fanbase, no belt, just a payday.

Comment

• I'm not sure how Jacobs and Lemieux could be compared basing on what they bring. Lemieux had legitimate belt. IBF is probably the most legitimate of them all (or less disrespected). Jacobs has a toy belt. VBA "regular" champion is not a champion.

Comment

Team Golovkin offered Billie Joe Saunders 6 mil, I don't see why 3-5 mil is unreasonable for the much hard hitting more dangerous Jacobs?
                  Again, BJS has a legitimate belt.

Comment

Stopped reading right there.

How is BJS beating Andy Lee, who drew with Quillin, was KO'd by Chavez Jr and Brian Vera better than Jacobs KO'ing Quillin in one round.

Can't take you seriously. By all means, think how you'd like to think and feel how you'd like to feel.

Happy New Year.
                    Jacobs never beat an undefeated fighter. BJS beat Eubank jr, who was undefeated. Now the same Eubank is mentioned as credible opponent for Jacobs....

Comment

• jacobs is a chinny mess of a fighter. he will step nowhere near golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X