The Official: "One Time" Thurman vs "Showtime" Porter Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post

Big shots all fight but I was amazed Porter didn't go down from this
    Porter is packing granite man, that AB knockdown fooled a lot of people. Nobody at 147 is stopping Porter, he's already fought the biggest punchers at the weight and neither came close to stopping him

The man is a rock

Comment

• Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      Porter is packing granite man, that AB knockdown fooled a lot of people. Nobody at 147 is stopping Porter, he's already fought the biggest punchers at the weight and neither came close to stopping him

The man is a rock
      Yeah after saturday i'm starting to think the same, crazy toughness.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Locke View Post

The man is a rock
        If Maidana comes back to ww he would put Porter out cold.

I agree with everything else you say here though, and the way the current division stands now, I don't see anyone KOing him, though I do see guys like Bradley and Brook(again) beating him on points.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          If Maidana comes back to ww he would put Porter out cold.

you know, there is this rumor after saturday...
          I heard that this trainer phoned this retired boxer who wasn't impressed at all with the performance of this WW champion...We'll see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
            you know, there is this rumor after saturday...
            I heard that this trainer phoned this retired boxer who wasn't impressed at all with the performance of this WW champion...We'll see what happens.
            Maidana is coming back....with a vengeance...

Comment

• I was pleasantly surprised with how entertaining the fight was. I though Porter would just smother Thurman and his own work like he has done in previous fights.

Close fight and I would like to see a rematch. I still think Kell has the tools to beat either of these guys though.

Comment

• This was a very entertaining scrap.
                I thought Thurman won the fight but Porter showed his tenacity and toughness in great fashion. Both these guys are great to watch. These are the types of fighters that are a credit to this sport!

Comment

• I think Porter would do better against Mayweather than Maidana did. ¨Porter's pressure is more intense and his speed, endurance and athleticism is better than Maidana's.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                    I was pleasantly surprised with how entertaining the fight was. I though Porter would just smother Thurman and his own work like he has done in previous fights.

Close fight and I would like to see a rematch. I still think Kell has the tools to beat either of these guys though.
                    I agree with this.

Comment

• I watched the fight again tonight and I still feel it would have went either way.

An interesting tidbit. During the second round, there was a part where you could see the commentators. Paulie was looking up and watching the fight. Bernstein and the other guy were watching their monitors only. LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X