Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather 2015 Fighter of the Year (Sports Illustrated)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The real 2015 Fighter of the Year.

Comment

I guess it comes down to what was a better win, Pacquiao or Klitschko?

Comment

He defeated the P4P #2 fighter so easily he made it look like a sparring session.

Comment

That's a charity award he was not the fighter of the year .

Comment

it could go to him or fury....the part that kills me is why write an article talking ish? thats lame as hell. Either congratulate floyd or fury or let someone else write the article. They wrote it like they were scared of the hate comments they might recieve if they stayed neutral.

Comment

Can't argue too much with this call. Not many other people had a year like that... I guess McGregor could be argued for now that he demolished UFC P4P #1 Aldo.

EDIT: I originally understood 'fighter' of the year in the title to mean someone in either sport. But in this case I'd still obviously pick Mayweather over someone like Fury.
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-19-2015, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I'm OK with this, beating Pacquiao trumps every other achievement in boxing this year. When you look back on the decade say, 20 years from now, Mayweather's status will largely be emphasised by that win. It was the most significant fight of the past decade.

Fury a close second though. Any other year, Tyson Fury would win the award.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Golovkin or Roman Gonzalez will get it from The Ring or TBRB. They are the favorites right now due to their styles (not really wins). But Mayweather's win over Pacquiao makes him the sole winner and the only winner that should be considered for this award. There should be no runner up. Beating the #1 ranked WW, #3 P4P, FOTD of the 2000s, top 30 ATG is not something writers and panels should just brush off over beating Lemiuex or Viloria. No matter how much they want to criticize Floyd. Hopefully it's unanimous and all publications give it to Floyd but I doubt it. Good on Sports Illustrated.
                  /thread.....the only other guy who should be in consideration is fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                    Right. Lost to an injured Pacquiao and barely survived Berto who made him retire. Fighter Of The Year doe lol.
                    I love the character you play on boxingscene.

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    TBE= Ray Robinson!
                    How many SRR fights have you even seen?

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    If Ronda Rousey wasn't knocked out cold by Holly Holm she would have been their fighter of the year. SI already put her on the cover.

If SI was fair they would have put Holly Holm, but they wont because she knocked out their pride and joy, ESPN and SI were all over rousey's ass even Ring Magazine.

LOL I bet you if Ronda beat Holm, the Ring Magazine might have made her the Fighter of the year lol.
                    LOL probably right.

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    He defeated the P4P #2 fighter so easily he made it look like a sparring session.
                    For sure. I think there are arguments for Fury & Canelo to be made, but when you get down to the main opponent beaten you gotta say Mayweather's year was the most impressive & he's 10 years older than these other guys & they beat guys about the same age as Manny (Wlad a lil older, Cotto a lil younger), but lesser seen by most.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      I love the character you play on boxingscene.

How many SRR fights have you even seen?

LOL probably right.

For sure. I think there are arguments for Fury & Canelo to be made, but when you get down to the main opponent beaten you gotta say Mayweather's year was the most impressive & he's 10 years older than these other guys & they beat guys about the same age as Manny (Wlad a lil older, Cotto a lil younger), but lesser seen by most.

Not sure! My uncles collect boxing film and pay money for rare stuff, probably 60 at least. If you know anyone who has rare video, pre vhs, let me know.

Btw, I collect old vinyl records, 45, & lAlbums. I have a big collection. I am not an MP3 guy, I listen if I must. But not my preference. I have about 2200 compact disks, most made in Japan & Europe..

I am looking for an Otis Redding album, live in Germany!

I am not that young.

I have MC 275 mono power amps, a great mcintosh pre amp.

I also collect Japanese robot toys from the 50's & 60's!!

Any Robinson footage, old LP's, & Japanese tin toys!

Thanks!

Lemme know!

Comment

Working...
                      X