Story about Canelo abandoning catchweight is false

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    just keep that apology handy.........
    I think most of us aren't buying that it's not going to be at a catchweight. Canelo hasn't said it, Oscar hasn't said it. The only person saying it is Gomez. But you're acting like TSS or CBS are lying. They're just going off the information they were given by Gomez.

Comment

If Canelo was planning on fighting GGG at 160, he would've said so. It would've been mentioned in the conference call.

He'd certainly tell this to Mexican press who have been killing Canelo in the media for not fighting GGG.

The reason Canelo didn't mention it? Because he is obviously planning on using a CW. What Gomez said doesn't really mean much. Canelo said he would fight GGG at 160 at the press conference post Cotto. And then two days later said he will only move to 160 when his body is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        He won't.
        I know. When negotiations ultimately start and the catchweight comes into play, they will all have amnesia about claiming that Im wrong. And I will be too lazy and uninterested to search for the old thread to remind them. lol

Typical NSB protocol haha

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          I think most of us aren't buying that it's not going to be at a catchweight. Canelo hasn't said it, Oscar hasn't said it. The only person saying it is Gomez. But you're acting like TSS or CBS are lying. They're just going off the information they were given by Gomez.
          Im telling you Gomez didnt say it, regardless of what that Frank guy from CBS wrote.....

The good thing about "truth" is usually it surfaces at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            He won't.
            Still upset ? "Amazing he still has me on ignore"

Comment

I know. When negotiations ultimately start and the catchweight comes into play, they will all have amnesia about claiming that Im wrong. And I will be too lazy and uninterested to search for the old thread to remind them. lol

Typical NSB protocol haha
              Yah and when you're wrong you'll act like you didn't care lol like when you were wrong about the WBC stripping anybody and how you were wrong about GGG stepping aside again

Comment

Im telling you Gomez didnt say it, regardless of what that Frank guy from CBS wrote.....

The good thing about "truth" is usually it surfaces at some point.
                He told CBS Sports and Lance Pugmire. Everybody can't be lying on Gomez. They both put his name on it. But like I said. I don't think anybody will believe it until it comes from Canelo or Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                  He told CBS Sports and Lance Pugmire. Everybody can't be lying on Gomez. They both put his name on it. But like I said. I don't think anybody will believe it until it comes from Canelo or Oscar.
                  if you look at the cbs story, at the bottom it cites pugmires la times story. So it all starts with pugmire. And in pugmires original piece, all it says is that supposedly gomez said "160 isnt an obstacle". Thats all it says. So even if Gomez did in fact say that (which i doubt, as gomez never tips his hand to the media), how on earth does that translate into "canelo gives up catchweight demand"?

Im standing by my sources telling me this story is BS

And if im wrong, then im wrong. so be it.........

Comment

Yo. One Punch is literally slaying Canelo fans left and right

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                      Yah and when you're wrong you'll act like you didn't care lol like when you were wrong about the WBC stripping anybody and how you were wrong about GGG stepping aside again
                      huh? I must have missed that...........

Comment

Working...
                      X