No announcement yet.

Why doesnt Lara try to unify 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    If hes that good, why doesnt he fight Andrade or the Charlos?
    He won't do it because he wants big money fights.
    Charlo and Andrade aren't big money fights. He wants
    GGG, Canelo 2, Jacobs, Lee.

what he fails to realize is that these guys see him the way he sees Charlo and Andrade. As a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      If hes that good, why doesnt he fight Andrade or the Charlos?
      Because talking is easier than fighting

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
        That would his best bet to unify the division.
        He will get ducked by everyone (for the most part), not because he is unbeatable, but because the fight will probably suck.
        Hard to look good against him and he isn't very popular (only hard core fans know him).
        He will be avoided, like Winky Wright was years ago. Winky had too much baggage (like Lara now).
        If I remember right, Winky managed his own career and was hard to deal with.
        Lara would always have fights, if he won the belts. He could just fight the mando, no one could duck him.
        i totally agree. If lara had the belts no one could duck him or at least hed be getting 500k+ from Haymon fighting mandos. Than eventually a name at 147 would come up.

Comment

That is the question I ask when the haters come down on GGG for not fighting Lara immediately just because Lara called him out. Never mind that nobody knows if Lara's team ever made a legit legal offer to GGG's team to fight. Without a legal offer in writing calling a fighter out is just cheap talk. GGG badly wants to unify 160 and that is always what a real champion should want to do. Lara is probably able to beat the other 154 pound champs and he should be calling them out instead of defending his title against unranked and unworthy challengers in his last 3 title defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
            That would his best bet to unify the division.
            He will get ducked by everyone (for the most part), not because he is unbeatable, but because the fight will probably suck.
            Hard to look good against him and he isn't very popular (only hard core fans know him).
            He will be avoided, like Winky Wright was years ago. Winky had too much baggage (like Lara now).
            If I remember right, Winky managed his own career and was hard to deal with.
            Lara would always have fights, if he won the belts. He could just fight the mando, no one could duck him.
            I remember Winky Wright. He was very good but not very much fun to watch. He was hell to do business with. He turned down great offers and good fights because he demanded more than he was worth and priced himself out of some well paying fights and good opportunities.

Comment

How come every time a top fighter calls out GGG ya'll ask why dont they fight someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                How come every time a top fighter calls out GGG ya'll ask why dont they fight someone else?

The better question is why is Lara wasting peoples time calling out fighters he KNOWS he cant fight, while getting amnesia that there are several quality middleweights right in his own stable?

(and you can pretend the Haymon/HBO conflict doesnt exist, but it does)

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  The better question is why is Lara wasting peoples time calling out fighters he KNOWS he cant fight, while getting amnesia that there are several quality middleweights right in his own stable?

(and you can pretend the Haymon/HBO conflict doesnt exist, but it does)
                  larry is blind and too dumb to understand that

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                    He won't do it because he wants big money fights.
                    Charlo and Andrade aren't big money fights. He wants
                    GGG, Canelo 2, Jacobs, Lee.

what he fails to realize is that these guys see him the way he sees Charlo and Andrade. As a waste of time.
                    i dont know if they see him as a waste of time as much as too good for to much risk

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                      i dont know if they see him as a waste of time as much as too good for to much risk
                      It's a little of both. He's a good fighter and it's a tough fight for anyone, but it's also a lose lose fight, because even if you beat him you won't look good against him. He'll make the fight ugly by retreating the way he did in that horrible PPV he was in.
                      Lose lose situations I would consider a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X