Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Khan for May, per Oscar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't question Khan's ballas but you can certainly question his brains.

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
      This is a fair point but, Kahns style is difficult to outbox but its not because he's a good boxer, technically speaking. Its because he's is rangy, has quick, quite unorthodox at times too.

I think Canelo beats him handily though. I don't think Kahn is good enough to box a full 12 rounds without being caught in the pocket or against the ropes as his footwork isn't good enough. I'd say Cotto and Lara are both better boxers than Kahn and Canelo but Canelo managed victories (granted the Lara decision was controversial).

Canelos as good a boxer as Kahn but he's a lot bigger. If he traps Kahn on the ropes (which isn't unlikely) he KOs him...
      If Khan does get trapped and stays in the pocket too long against Canelo then he probably loses the fight, he could potentially get knocked out in that scenario. But if he keeps it rangy and uses his footwork he should be able to outbox him from range for most of the fight. Lara had a close fight with Canelo and some thought he won that fight, but Lara isn't as fast as Khan either on his feet or with his punches, although he does have more punch power than Khan.

The weight advantage for Canelo though, that could be a key factor, it really depends if Khan can move up to 154 and still maintain his speed, which we can't tell for sure until he goes up. Also, if his strength goes up proportionally with his weight so that he's strong enough to clinch Canelo if necessary. If Khan is on the same form as the Alexander fight, he has the same sort of speed and strength, he should be able to outbox Canelo for most of the rounds. But there are factors which could sway the fight in Canelo's favor, I agree. It's an interesting match up.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        If Canelo can't land many power shots on Khan early he's got virtually no chance of winning the fight. Khan should beat Canelo easier than Floyd did, but the difference being that he won't have to severely weight-drain him to do it like Floyd had to.
        LMAO. Dude, you can admit that you have a crush on Khan without sounding absolutely ridiculous.

Wait, you're the same guy who said that Pac and Floyd are ducking Khan, aren't you? Nevermind, carry on. I think Kovalev is ducking Khan too.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          Whoever wants this must really hate Khan.
          I want it bad! No need for Ramadan after that fight! Khan will be with Allah!

Allah Akbar!

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
            I'd guess about $5 million dollars purse for a 10 week training camp + fight.

That equals =
            $500,000 per week
            $71,450 per day.

A lot more than a rocket scientist makes, that's for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              If Canelo can't land many power shots on Khan early he's got virtually no chance of winning the fight. Khan should beat Canelo easier than Floyd did, but the difference being that he won't have to severely weight-drain him to do it like Floyd had to.
              Will Khan have to use IV supplementation ?

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                Tbf, it's easy to say you want these fights when there's no chance of them happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                  Will Khan have to use IV supplementation ?
                  He is gonna need IV power, and Allah working his corner!!!

Comment

There is no way this fight happens imo. Khan would just be a pile of goo in the ring like Wile E Coyote after he fell off a cliff chasing the Roadrunner. And I'm not even THAT impressed with Canelo's power like many cats are these days post-Kirkland I just know Khan would succumb to it at some point cuz that dudes jaw is really just a skin colored origami ornament.

Khan should cut the **** & fight Brook (if Manny passes, obviously Manny would be the #1 choice if it arises). I don't hate his chances in that fight & it gets him a nice check & it potentially gets him back in play at 147 for real instead of just being a name who's talking about fights more than fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      Tbf, it's easy to say you want these fights when there's no chance of them happening.
                      this right here this is the new things these boxers do, call out fights they no cant happen to make them selves look good.

I honestly think Khan sabatoged his chances for a mayweather and pac fight just so he can claim they ducked him and he had no intentions in good faith to try and make the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X