Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Details Canelo vs. Golovkin Resolution, Terms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was GGG I would not bow down to the catchweight and force a pursebid. Im sure K2 can outbid Golden Boy at this point.

Comment

This was all but confirmed when Oscar was interviewed on The Fight Game regarding Canelo's win over Cotto, and when Canelo will step up and fight GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        If I were K2 I would file for an immediate purse bid the first day of the negotiation period. Can't force a catchweight on a purse bid. Don't even bother trying to negotiate. You already know they gonna want a catchweight
        Great minds think alike.

Comment

So their update is that there's no update? There's no real agreement, they're just delaying it until next fall.

If nothing materializes by end of May, Golovkin better tell Canelo to vacate and move onto other fights.

I'm hoping Lemieux/Canelo, Golovkin/Lee and Jacobs/Eubanks in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            If I were K2 I would file for an immediate purse bid the first day of the negotiation period. Can't force a catchweight on a purse bid. Don't even bother trying to negotiate. You already know they gonna want a catchweight
            I agree. There's nothing to negotiate. Purse bid would make the fight at 160 and he'd get 45% of purse. Doesn't get better.

Comment

If after their corresponding voluntary defenses one boxer is unable to fight the other for the undisputed WBC Middleweight Championship of the world, the unable fighter will lose his status as champion or interim champion. The fighter able to fight will be named undisputed WBC World Champion.

Lmao, GGG gotta wait an entire year near enough for Canelo to have it in words how he can straight duck him. "Im injured, I can't fight doe"

Called this already, Canelo gonna be GGG's mandatory by the time it's all done.

Comment

What happened to the GGG take the belt forcefully approach?

This makes him look so B side that it is silly. He should have took the damn belt or tossed the interim one in the trash if the WBC did not follow through with their initial promise.

Canelo has no interest in fighting him at all. The fight is not going to happen. This is all just buying time to try to lure Floyd out from his retirement LOL

Comment

this i think was ggg decision because he had to accept another fight, he didnt have to and just say no, he already stepped aside to let cotto fight canelo and now hes doing it again, this was his decision to allow it to happen and i kind of dont blame him, more exposure and maybe he can add another belt to his collection in the mean time or face his ibf mandatory, i wonder who canelo will face though

Comment

the wording sounds like GGG will only be able to do 1 interim bout, which obviously has to be the Johnson IBF mando. Thats somewhat disappointing. I was hoping that if they were going to do the fight in Sept that GGG would have had the opportunity to do both the Johnson mando and either the Lee/Saunders winner or maybe Jacobs, if it could have been worked out. (unlikely, but worth a shot). Now it seems GGG will probably fight Johnson in March and then have to sit until Sept. Not good.......

Comment

What the fffffffffffff was Loeffler thinking.....

Comment

Working...
                      X