Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Porter Willing To Supplement Keith Thurman's Purse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Thurmans not "avoided" as he wants everybody to believe eh? I hate when fighters want more than what their worth

Comment

Originally posted by wlliam View Post
      I guess Thurmans not "avoided" as he wants everybody to believe eh? I hate when fighters want more than what their worth
      How much does he want and what's his worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Doesn't seem to be anything substantive behind that claim.

I think it's a case of there being a delay and Thurman hasn't spoken so they assume it's money holding it up because no has said anything else.

Since when has Al Haymon had a problem giving his fighters money from his trust fund?

If the fight hasn't happened yet, it's because Haymon doesn't want to happen yet.
        Did you not read the article where Kenny Porter stated Thurman wasnt satisfied with the money being offered?

Comment

This is a side effect of haymon. If you pay Thurman 1 mil to fight bums how much you think he'll demand to fight a legit threat? Haymon robbing his investors blind and inflating the heads of his fighters. But PBC is going to change boxing for the better? Crap mismatches that create a payscale that they can't afford to pay their best fighters to face each other. Instead of thurman porter on NBC as it was originally planned today we get Figueroa vs washed up demarco instead and figueroa didn't even make weight 10 pounds over. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            So much misinformation/ignorance in this statement. Thing's I've previously corrected you about earlier.

The plan has always been for the fighters to fight on PBC and Showtime. Espinoza said so right after PBC was announced:

"
            http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ters-going-nbc

Networks don't pay a fighters purse, promoters do. Networks pay a licensing fee to air the fights.

Premium cable Networks lose money on all fights unless it's PPV. Premium cable Networks don't sell advertising. They have a budget they use as an investment into a fighter in hopes of making them a PPV star or a couple of fighters that fight often enough to garner subscriptions.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...epth/Main.aspx

Miller is the president of programming for NBC Sports. But instead of listening to people who are actually a part of the deal, the people who actually know the numbers. Let's listen to NSB members and reporters who've never taken the time to investigate how it's actually run.
            Yeah that sure explains the ratings bombing

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              How much does he want and what's his worth?
              How much did he get paid last time out? Thatd what hes worth

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                This is a side effect of haymon. If you pay Thurman 1 mil to fight bums how much you think he'll demand to fight a legit threat? Haymon robbing his investors blind and inflating the heads of his fighters. But PBC is going to change boxing for the better? Crap mismatches that create a payscale that they can't afford to pay their best fighters to face each other. Instead of thurman porter on NBC as it was originally planned today we get Figueroa vs washed up demarco instead and figueroa didn't even make weight 10 pounds over. LMAO
                Yeah that was my guess about the purses and thats BS. And the thing about that is both fighters purses will be fairly large, neither is a significant draw...how will Haymon profit of this fight? Its not PPV worthy...this fight might just be too expensive to make atm

Comment

Looks like Porter is the only one out there willing to fight any top fighter

Comment

How much did he get paid last time out? Thatd what hes worth
                    So he should get paid the same for fighting Porter as he should for fighting Porter? How much is he asking for for this fight?

Comment

them porters begging. Gonna look bad on keith if he turns the fight down

Comment

Working...
                      X