Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do certain posters want PBC to fail and get happy if they have low numbers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just seems to be the way things are now. Similar threads are made when HBO numbers are released.
    God knows why.

Comment

My thing is, if it's free, then no one should be complaining. My sister bought me a beanie couple days ago. It was red. I like black. But it was free, so I can't complain. Can you imagine if I went up to her and gave her **** for not getting me a black one? Adrien Broner vs Shawn Porter is worthy of an undercard in a PPV, yet we watched it for free. Same thing with Leo Santa Cruz vs Mares. How do you complain about a free show? That's weird as ****.

Comment

Same reason why some Haymon groupies hate HBO all of a sudden.For me both ''group'' are no boxing fan.They a bunch of groupies. I hope PBC works good since its on free tv and give us alot of boxing lately. Sick and tired of this groupie war on here. Always the sameone who were ****ting on either Floyd or Manny. Now its Ward and GGG.HBO or PBC-Shotime. What a bunch of females.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
          Same reason why some Haymon groupies hate HBO all of a sudden.For me both ''group'' are no boxing fan.They a bunch of groupies. I hope PBC works good since its on free tv and give us alot of boxing lately. Sick and tired of this groupie war on here. Always the sameone who were ****ting on either Floyd or Manny. Now its Ward and GGG.HBO or PBC-Shotime. What a bunch of females.
          This post is spot on........

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
            My thing is, if it's free, then no one should be complaining. My sister bought me a beanie couple days ago. It was red. I like black. But it was free, so I can't complain. Can you imagine if I went up to her and gave her **** for not getting me a black one? Adrien Broner vs Shawn Porter is worthy of an undercard in a PPV, yet we watched it for free. Same thing with Leo Santa Cruz vs Mares. How do you complain about a free show? That's weird as ****.
            Agree.............

Comment

Good fight on PBC.

Comment

Here's why I think PBC sucks. They have garbage matchmaking and 99% of their fights are Meaningless and lead to nothing. This past weekends is one of the few that did. Jacobs and Quillen both fought numerous times on Basic cable or Free OTA channels this year and on those broadcasts they mentioned the gOod possibility of them meeting. Then it goes to Showtime instead of OTA or basic cable.

Its like Pros vs Joes 80% of the time where you could pick the winner almost every time. Once in a while you get a gem like Aaron Martinez who comes out of nowhere and makes a name for himself against one of the favorites but how many times has that happened? The Huck fight was another. Other then that it Lara vs bum, wilder vs bums, and on and on....

Comment

Some people would rather see certain individuals fails over seeing the sport as a whole succeed.

I personally don't care what numbers it does as long as it's opening new eyes to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                    Some people would rather see certain individuals fails over seeing the sport as a whole succeed.

I personally don't care what numbers it does as long as it's opening new eyes to boxing.
                    If you care about the sport then you gotta think about what its gonna do to it if this fails, as is likely. Better off, worse, or status quo? It could do a lot of damage:

1. Turn off many casuals, as the ratings indicate
                    2. Gonna be looong time before anyone dares put boxing on network TV again
                    3. Haymon clearly wants to bring down HBO boxing, which would be horrible for the sport. Showtime boxing is in the dumps, spending tons more than 5 years ago for fewer fights and falling ratings. What if the premium networks lose their commitment?
                    4. It's badly skewed purse expectations, so that these guys want 3-5x the market rate to fight the top guy in their division

Comment

My only problem with PBC is that their fighters stick to their own shows almost exclusively. But I had problems when it was Golden Boy and they were doing the same thing, primarily. I remember Richard Schaefer came out and said he had no interest in working with another promoter and I wanted to see some of their guys fight guys from other promoters.

For the most part, I don't care about all of that behind the scenes stuff. I just wanna watch fights. I don't care about ratings, I don't care if everyone watches or only me. I want to see fight who I want to see fight and if other people care about money and investors and all that ****, good for them, just tell me whose fighting and when it comes on so I can watch it.

Comment

Working...
                      X