No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko is not shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    He fought no differently than he always fights.

He just wasn't fighting some fat chinless American with no heart or some big stiff European dummy.

Certain people were always going to be bitter if a so called clumsy giant British oaf went in there and won. Not only won but made it look like a piece of piss.
    Another sterling post, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      He's always done that.

so you think he was the same fighter he's always been ?

he used to actually throw the right hand. please don't tell me that a hall of famer was just so befuddled by tyson jury twitching around the ring like an epliptic that he couldn't make anything happen. he was shot. 40 years old, 70 fights at HW, three knockout losses. probably between 350 and 400 rounds.

he was never one to go all out after the first brewster fight, but the guy used to actually throw punches. he used to throw a ton of jabs, and he would throw right hands behind them, particularly if an opponent made a mistake. now he sets up clinches.

and he rarely, if ever, pawed his jab out there withou autority. at his peak he had one of the hardest jabs you'll ever see . always pawed it doe. fury just that good doe.

sounds like british mischief, this revisionist history. you guys are very easy to figure out.

just start acting like you've been there. boxing is so bad these days thaty you guys are bound to have a couple of champions. learn to carry championships with dignity, the way we have always done.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Yeah. Wlad is a middleaged man and his output is half of what it was is the Haye fight.

Now that's a prime fighter for ya'!

i love watching these brits build their guys up like children. they genuinely don't know they're doing it. this is the country that turned carl froch into a superstar for going to war with george groves in their first fight

"klitschko was prime. fury schooled him. it was a great fight and performance!"

"klitschko was shot. fury had a very good gameplan, and did enough to win without controversy, but it wasn't a schooling. he landed hardly any meaningful punches. it was one of the worst fights you will ever see."

which of these sounds british to you?

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          Let me just make one thing clear, Wladimir Klitschko is not shot.

A year ago, Wladimir KO'd Pulev who at the time was considered the second best HW in the world. After it happened, people claimed that this was the best ever version of Wladimir, that he matures like a fine wine. Many people put him straight into their top three p4p fighters.

Then he fought Jennings, not as impressive a performance by any means, but he still won every round pretty easily.

Now onto his latest fight. Tyson Fury is a fighter who takes his opponents best weapons away from them. Against Chisora, he fought the entire fight southpaw, took away Chisora's best weapon (his big overhand right) and make him look very limited. NSB then decided that Chisora was shot, despite Chisora being on the best win streak of his career.

Against Wladimir, Fury again took away his best weapon (his jab) with constant feints and head movement. This again made Wlad look very limited and of course, NSB said he's shot.

There's a pattern appearing here. People need to recognise the skill of Tyson Fury. Put Wladimir in against a Povetkin or a Wilder and see what happens. No other HW understands the sport like Fury and the technicalities behind it. He understands angles, can control distance etc.

The only way of beating Tyson Fury is to knock him out, you won't win a decision against him.
          He also wasn't a father at that time yet AND as you know, father time creeps up out of no where on people.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            Hey guys I'm just wondering, was Lewis shot when he ripped open Vitali's eye and forced that stoppage?
            any Klitschko fans out there who can give me an answer?

Comment

I was off. Almost every other fight I have scored in RBR threads, I have been on point. You claiming that I cannot score just tells everybody what a dumbass you are.

As for Wlad's shotness, the facts remain as I laid them out for you to see.
              You cannot score.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i love watching these brits build their guys up like children. they genuinely don't know they're doing it. this is the country that turned carl froch into a superstar for going to war with george groves in their first fight

"klitschko was prime. fury schooled him. it was a great fight and performance!"

"klitschko was shot. fury had a very good gameplan, and did enough to win without controversy, but it wasn't a schooling. he landed hardly any meaningful punches. it was one of the worst fights you will ever see."

which of these sounds british to you?
                I can only imagine your reaction had it been that lanky chinless basketball player Beyonce Windmiller who'd been the one to dethrone Wladimir.

I mean you still go on until this day about Ward beating Froch.

You have fully immersed yourself in your own inferiority complex.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  so you think he was the same fighter he's always been ?

he used to actually throw the right hand. please don't tell me that a hall of famer was just so befuddled by tyson jury twitching around the ring like an epliptic that he couldn't make anything happen. he was shot. 40 years old, 70 fights at HW, three knockout losses. probably between 350 and 400 rounds.

he was never one to go all out after the first brewster fight, but the guy used to actually throw punches. he used to throw a ton of jabs, and he would throw right hands behind them, particularly if an opponent made a mistake. now he sets up clinches.

and he rarely, if ever, pawed his jab out there withou autority. at his peak he had one of the hardest jabs you'll ever see . always pawed it doe. fury just that good doe.

sounds like british mischief, this revisionist history. you guys are very easy to figure out.

just start acting like you've been there. boxing is so bad these days thaty you guys are bound to have a couple of champions. learn to carry championships with dignity, the way we have always done.
                  He threw the right hand or left hook as many times in the last 3 rounds as he did in the first 9 - So yeah, I'd definitely say he was befuddled by Fury and his movement and especially his long jab.

Well you're talking as if setting up clinches is anything new. It's not. The difference between this fight and all of his other fights is that here he was physically inferior and that played its part on the inside.

I thought Max Kellerman and Roy Jones made a great point, in that Klitschko is not used to people fighting him on the inside because he was usually the stronger guy and would tie them up - However, Fury was getting good body punches in and good punches to the ribcage whenever the clinch was in - And Klitschko was getting nothing, because he's not used to having to fight on the inside.

If you don't think he pawed his jab, then it's you who's in denial. I have mentioned that and showed a billion clips of it before the Fury fight. He has done that for the last 5-7 years. the authoritative ramrod jab you're speaking of is a thing of the distant past. He has been used to only throwing the hard jab when his opponent was hurt.

And he has never been able to set up a right hand without the jab - He even says so himself. That the right missile comes after the jab. And Fury completely took his jab away with his reach and movement.

I don't know what you're talking about with the whole british thing. It sounds like butthurt to me.

If you don't want to discuss serious boxing anymore and just want to troll, then by all means reply to someone else's posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    I can only imagine your reaction had it been that lanky chinless basketball player Beyonce Windmiller who'd been the one to dethrone Wladimir.

I mean you still go on until this day about Ward beating Froch.

You have fully immersed yourself in your own inferiority complex.
                    Not being able to scratch his own ass probably has something to do with it.

Comment

And what point is it you are trying to make?
                      Obviously that now you're talking about Wlad as if Fury was fighting a cripple. In reality you had him winning by a wide margin.

Regardless, I remember having a discussion with you and the other Klitschko fans about Wlad's "prime". I remember you saying he wasn't prime - That's true.

But the other Klitschko fans said he was better than ever. This was around the Pulev fight.

It was them who insisted on Wlad being prime, not me or the others. It's very simple - If you picked Wlad to destroy Fury, then just hold your hand up and say Fury was the better man.

no reason to discredit Fury his win as other fickle boxing fans do.

Comment

Working...
                      X