Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko is not shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He looked like it to me. Couldnt pull the trigger anymore. Wlad had a great run but he is done

Comment

• Was Wladimir "injured" or was he "shot" when he fought the exact same way against the likes of Ibragimov, Haye, Chambers and Jennings?

He's always seems fit and prime for stiff dummies like Pulev, Chagaev and Povetkin doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury4daWIN View Post
        Seems like this is the pattern Fury's fights are following. Build up a guy to destroy him beforehand, post a few gifs of him punching himself in the face and getting clocked by Cunningham, ridicule him as a fat talentless oaf, then instantly label said fighter shot once Fury effortlessly outclasses him.

I hoped the Chisora fight was an exception, since Chisora's been through the wars and it was perfectly conceivable that he might have aged overnight (though he was on the best streak of his career). But now the same thing is happening to Wlad, and the very people who are pushing this opinion are the same ones that were picking him to destroy Fury.

I mentioned this before, that critics are so stuck on their initial impressions of Fury that they will refuse to give him any credit no matter who he beats. He's just beaten the best in the division, with ease, and already the downgrading of Wlad has begun, to the point where people actually pick Jonty Wilder to KO him. Essentially what this tells me is that Fury could clean out the entire division and there'd still be the same nonces downgrading his wins, twisting facts and belittling his opponents.

Wilder, Povetkin, Joshua et al are currently being built up as monsters, but you can be sure the shoe will be on the other foot once they lose to Fury. If it can happen to Wlad it can happen to anyone.
        I don't feel that way and I disagree with the general perception. I picked Wlad to win by UD, but I also said he would majorly struggle as Fury is a good big fighter with more fluidity and boxing skill then Wladimir. I thought Wlad would take advantage of what I perceived as superior foot and hand speed. What I can categorically say is that he is not shot, not at all. I think he just got overrated somewhere along the way, and Fury showed his limitations. You have to give Fury full credit for that, but do I know think Fury is an exceptional heavyweight, no I don't because I always believed Wladimir was flawed in the first place, he just hadn't faced anyone as big and good as Fury yet. I think he is a big, tall guy with very good boxing ability, speed, and good coordination for his size. He will be difficult to beat and he will be around for a long time, he will be in good fights because he is a proper fighting man and a warrior, the Wlad fight was not the best example of what to expect from Fury's career.

I agree that boxing fans are fickle and I warned people that just because Fury got dropped by Cunningham doesn't mean jack when it comes to this fight. Does Fury have an iron jaw? Absolutely not, but that fight was over 2 years ago and people ignored the improvements. It reminded me of when people said that Hatton was going to get flattened by Tszyu because he got dropped by Magee, as I said boxing fans are fickle.

Povetkin was never being built up to be a monster, especially after his close fight with Huck everyone realised that he wasn't likely to challenge Wlad, even though Wlad struggled and used horrible illegal tactics which totally changed the completion of the fight. I think Wilder is cautiously being built up, but even there not overboard, just a select few getting excited, but I think most educated fans can see he has a lack of technique and skill. For me he is a bit of a wild card (no pun intended) in the sense that he has lots of speed, power, and athleticism which makes him dangerous. Joshua is definitely got a lot of hype, maybe too much for what he has proved, I think with him people realise he has speed and power but he looks more polished then Wilder...that is the general perception, whether that perception remains accurate as he goes through he levels, time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          He threw the right hand or left hook as many times in the last 3 rounds as he did in the first 9 - So yeah, I'd definitely say he was befuddled by Fury and his movement and especially his long jab.

Well you're talking as if setting up clinches is anything new. It's not. The difference between this fight and all of his other fights is that here he was physically inferior and that played its part on the inside.

I thought Max Kellerman and Roy Jones made a great point, in that Klitschko is not used to people fighting him on the inside because he was usually the stronger guy and would tie them up - However, Fury was getting good body punches in and good punches to the ribcage whenever the clinch was in - And Klitschko was getting nothing, because he's not used to having to fight on the inside.

If you don't think he pawed his jab, then it's you who's in denial. I have mentioned that and showed a billion clips of it before the Fury fight. He has done that for the last 5-7 years. the authoritative ramrod jab you're speaking of is a thing of the distant past. He has been used to only throwing the hard jab when his opponent was hurt.

And he has never been able to set up a right hand without the jab - He even says so himself. That the right missile comes after the jab. And Fury completely took his jab away with his reach and movement.

I don't know what you're talking about with the whole british thing. It sounds like butthurt to me.

If you don't want to discuss serious boxing anymore and just want to troll, then by all means reply to someone else's posts.

are you not teh guy who told me he didn't read one of my posts about froch because it was too detailed?

i talked quite a bit about boxing in my posts. i typically do. now i'm "only trolling" because i say things based in reality that hurt your feelings?

the fact taht you guys change your standards completely for british fighters and don't recognize it is going to become the running joke of NSB. fury fans appear to be the new fanboys. i don't expect it to last long, because fury isn't very good. didn't look great beating klitshcko, or anybody else.

you and the brits can go ahead and be the only people who think klitshcko wasn't shot. he's at the very end of his career! you are the new cotto fans. enjoy it

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Was Wladimir "injured" or was he "shot" when he fought the exact same way against the likes of Ibragimov, Haye, Chambers and Jennings?

He's always seems fit and prime for stiff dummies like Pulev, Chagaev and Povetkin doe.

i haven't gone through the numbers, but i'd be shocked if he threw half the punches he threw against haye.

Comment

• Has Wlad always struggled against movers?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                are you not teh guy who told me he didn't read one of my posts about froch because it was too detailed?

i talked quite a bit about boxing in my posts. i typically do. now i'm "only trolling" because i say things based in reality that hurt your feelings?

the fact taht you guys change your standards completely for british fighters and don't recognize it is going to become the running joke of NSB. fury fans appear to be the new fanboys. i don't expect it to last long, because fury isn't very good. didn't look great beating klitshcko, or anybody else.

you and the brits can go ahead and be the only people who think klitshcko wasn't shot. he's at the very end of his career! you are the new cotto fans. enjoy it
                Agreed! Fury is currently the new "Flavor of the Month" but will be forgotten as quick as his reign.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i haven't gone through the numbers, but i'd be shocked if he threw half the punches he threw against haye.
                  Do you think he looked good against the Gayemaker? He was his same tentative puussified self against a crusierweight with a broken toe lol who was winging one shot at a time.

If Haye was a bit bigger and hadn't shat himself, then he could well have beaten Wladimir

Comment

• I thought he looked like sht against Pulev. But I'm not sure it was to do with the feeling that he as shot, at the time I was just thinking about how both looked like flailing ******s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Do you think he looked good against the Gayemaker? He was his same tentative puussified self against a crusierweight with a broken toe lol who was winging one shot at a time.

If Haye was a bit bigger and hadn't shat himself, then he could well have beaten Wladimir

he looked a heck of a lot better than he did against fury. he threw less than half of the punches he threw against haye if the numbers i'm looking at are correct.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...-haye-compubox

http://www.************.com/2015/11/...l-punch-stats/

haye few less than fury [although you can make the argument that the offense was more dangerous / meaningful,] so it's not like wladimir had more opportunities to counter haye than he did against fury.

legnth and style were a factor. they're certainly not THE factor, when you consider that the hall of famer iin the fight was 40 and shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X