Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muay thai guy vs boxing guy Who'd win in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    MT is also very rigid with respect to fighting ranges. This is because they train to fight each other and not necessarily to use these techniques against a boxers punch for example. MT guys don't need to do much but unload that roundkick on most street fighters. Its like fighting a guy with a baseball bat.
    also when inside MT fighters are very rare to use those elbow and that famous neck lock+knee to the body, i was hoping to see more of this and dissapointed this thing is very rare, instead MT fightes i see always use that's high guard hand to push the opponent then deliver very powerful low kicks and this is very effective strategy. i see a lot of MT fighters win just with low kicks.

Comment

It is a question like "spherical horse in the vacuum". It all depends on particular fighters.

Comment

just cuz u post on a boxing forum dont make u no boxer homie

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
          just cuz u post on a boxing forum dont make u no boxer homie
          That's you ****

Comment

So did you get your ass handed to you?

Comment

I'd say Muay Thai.

Not only punches, elbow strikes, knee strikes, and leg kicks, but they are more accustomed to fighting out of a clinch which boxers don't do. Not any shade on boxing, because Boxing is still up there in the martial arts that are actually practical, but given an even standing, similar experience, etc... I'd say muay thai guy.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                So did you get your ass handed to you?
                Nah I ended not fighting the muay thai guy they wanted to include elbows and i said **** that

Comment

I've trained in both these forms and in a street fight Muay Thai is far superior. If you're both at a comparable level you're gonna find it very very difficult to beat this man. If he's conditioned and active its not inconceivable that his shins will break whatever part of you they hit. As a man trained in boxing you'll likely have an instinct to block with your arms. If you block a kick with your forearm you're in trouble. If you block one with you're shin (like he would) without the conditioning you're in trouble. If he lands it to your head or ribcage you're in another level of trouble.

Long range and short range you're ****ed if you just box. Stay long he'll blast the **** out if you with his legs, come short he'll drop an elbow on you, clutch the back of your neck, rag you off balance then knee you into a pulp.

With that said, he may well be ****e, and I've known plenty if people in the gym who are not built physically or mentally for a real dustup. They'd fall to pieces no matter how technically good they are. Your second best bet is a fast midrange attack and look to end it quickly. Now I'm not saying you hold the advantage mid range 'cause you don't its just comparatively the weakest point of his game.

You're best bet if you have to fight him is to go tooled up, and if you're not willing to do that out if a moralist sense of conduct then you're gonna have to be the man who is willing to go the furthest. It's a street fight. You've got family and friends who want you to get home safe so all bets are off. You owe this man nothing. And I do mean nothing.

Edit. The SIG caused me to gawp in a state if major distraction so I actually didn't register the above post. You make it sound like it was going to take place in a controlled environment?
                  Last edited by - Ram Raid -; 01-29-2016, 07:26 AM.

Comment

equal skills?

the guy who knows how to kick your knees so hard your ACL pops, rofl. they don't just train for technique, they train to turn the shin, elbows, and knees into a weapon and into armor. they can clinch you and hit you with knees, cut you to ribbons with elbows. they can toss you, or sweep your legs, too. it's a very well rounded standing martial art.

the one thing i will say is this: pro boxers are much better technicians and finishers. muay thai is kind of a steady race. guys just smack each other for points. short fights, few knockouts, at least from what i have seen. you take for granted how hard they're kicking each other because they get into this routine . they even play traditional music during some of the matches in thailand. really unique sport.

but yeah, if you value the longterm health of your knees you should make friends with this guy

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                      I've trained in both these forms and in a street fight Muay Thai is far superior. If you're both at a comparable level you're gonna find it very very difficult to beat this man. If he's conditioned and active its not inconceivable that his shins will break whatever part of you they hit. As a man trained in boxing you'll likely have an instinct to block with your arms. If you block a kick with your forearm you're in trouble. If you block one with you're shin (like he would) without the conditioning you're in trouble. If he lands it to your head or ribcage you're in another level of trouble.

Long range and short range you're ****ed if you just box. Stay long he'll blast the **** out if you with his legs, come short he'll drop an elbow on you, clutch the back of your neck, rag you off balance then knee you into a pulp.

With that said, he may well be ****e, and I've known plenty if people in the gym who are not built physically or mentally for a real dustup. They'd fall to pieces no matter how technically good they are. Your second best bet is a fast midrange attack and look to end it quickly. Now I'm not saying you hold the advantage mid range 'cause you don't its just comparatively the weakest point of his game.

You're best bet if you have to fight him is to go tooled up, and if you're not willing to do that out if a moralist sense of conduct then you're gonna have to be the man who is willing to go the furthest. It's a street fight. You've got family and friends who want you to get home safe so all bets are off. You owe this man nothing. And I do mean nothing.

Edit. The SIG caused me to gawp in a state if major distraction so I actually didn't register the above post. You make it sound like it was going to take place in a controlled environment?

second this. if you're really fighting this guy, make sure you shoot your wad before you get your legs kicked into next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X