Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frustrated Quillin: I’m Not Running Scared From Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Quillen. He's a huge MW, really a SMW, and he can punch. He's also got his head screwed on. He's in the game to make a living and secure his future - not to get killed. The only difference between him and some other fighters who feel the same way is that he says it.
    He's a little disappointing in the ring. His performance against Andy Lee let him down. But he is def one of the very top MW. With his weight problems, though, I can't see him staying at MW for long. He's really like Canelo, squeezing down to below his real weigh class.
    I'd love to see him fight GGG. I think this will be a very very difficult fight to make though. Haymon took him out of the fight with Korobov when he had an offer of $1.4 on the table to fight for the championship! Crazy. So Lee fought Korobov, won and became champion. He kind of allowed Haymon to get him to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. He had a real chance there.
    In the unlikely event he fights GGG I have him losing before 8 rounds. If Lee can recover and hurt him GGG will seriously damage him.

Comment

GGG is on another level from Quillen... Would be a great fight though... Network and money issues mean this fight never get made, however....

I'd actually be very interested in Quillin vs David lemieux...

Comment

Hard for me to call him a ***** when, assuming the fight goes off Saturday, he has fought arguably two top 5 middleweights in back to back fights. Love to see him and GGG fight, but that **** is'nt happening for far more reasons than Peter wanting too much money.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
          http://www.boxingscene.com/quillin-y...olovkin--96780

“I think Mayweather and Pacquiao happened but look how much money had to be in the pot for that to happen,” explained the former middleweight title holder. “This was one of the first fights HBO and Showtime came together for. That’s the kind of money I’m talking about; 5 million, 10 million, Mayweather just got 280 million for Pacquiao, and I’d be cool with 5 million or 10 million. I can’t sit down here and be excited about these fights but sometimes you just can’t be because of what the business is.”
          Good job

Comment

I call BS, beating GGG would open huge doors for him

Quillin is full of it. Beating GGG would open doors for him to get a massive payday.

His problem is he thinks he probably gets turned into the next fan despised tin can. And then he'll be worth less. So rather than take a risk to make a name for himself, he prices himself out of a shot.

It's as clear as water.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              It's not about being scared to fight him, it's about the consequences of doing so and looking horrible in taking your loss and watching whatever stock you have left plummet. Anyone honestly think that the quillin's, charlo's, lara's, garcia's of PBC aren't pretty happy taking a million bucks to fight mediocre competition rather than make a few hundred thousand more and possibly get sparked...
              Not just PBC fighters, every fighter GGG included would be happy to make a million bucks whilst fighting Mediocre competition, in fact GGG resume is a price of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                Quillin is full of it. Beating GGG would open doors for him to get a massive payday.

His problem is he thinks he probably gets turned into the next fan despised tin can. And then he'll be worth less. So rather than take a risk to make a name for himself, he prices himself out of a shot.

It's as clear as water.
                That's the way it is, GGG did the same with Ward too. Can't fault one and applause the other when they basically do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  That's the way it is, GGG did the same with Ward too. Can't fault one and applause the other when they basically do the same thing.
                  Oh they can and they will...no im sorry they have been

Comment

al hymie sez no

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                      al hymie sez no
                      Actually it was team GGG that said no

Comment

Working...
                      X