No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Cotto PPV Pulls in 900K Viewers, $58M in Revenue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    GGG is not fighting for peanuts. He's fighting for 1.5/2 millions lately, even against Willie Monroe. So I don't think he is so desperated as you try to make it look.

Sorry for you. I give a **** about the new "ppv" king. Canelo alone did not make that, it was also Cotto involved.

GGG can unify at 160 and probably move up in 2017 and give a **** about Canelo.

And Canelo will be remembered as the coward that ducked GGG and vacated.
    Peanuts COMPARED to Canelo. Please keep up. GGG can do that and he will be in the same lane he's in. Canelo can fight Cotto again, can fight anybody and it will do 10X the PPV GGG does if HBO even gives him another PPV after how poorly his first one did. Winning the belt by vacate means nothing. A hollow achievement. He wants big fights not a belt. And GGG will be seen as the ducker since he ducked Ward to fight Cotto/Canelo and fought neither lol

Canelo now holds all the leverage. When the fight happens it will be on his terms not GGG's
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 12-03-2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Canelo is the new A side everyone needs to bow down
      based on how big in boxing both these fighters are these numbers are pathetic. maybe it was'nt promoted right. something is wrong here. i say rematch and do better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        The only "difference" that matters is in how many PPV's were sold for each fight. The rest is just nonsense. K2 said this, RNS said that. Big whoop.
        Yeah.. that's not how it works in the real world. Fighters' purses and who their opponents are major, major factors.

Canelo didn't sell 900k PPVs. Cotto was the A-side in the fight, and it was 2 good fighters who sold 900k PPVs. Canelo by himself sells 300k.

Purses make the fights. For example, Floyd/Berto wasn't profitable with 550k PPVs due to Floyd's $32m+ purse. Golovkin's 150k PPV was profitable due to low fighters' purses (4m total including undercards). Cotto/Canelo was also profitable, despite 20-25m purses (20m minimum+ppv split +2m for undercards).

Cotto knows this. Canelo knows this. Golovkin knows this. Only ones who don't are idiots in this [HBO] thread who are quoting 97k for Golovkin.

Comment

NO ONE should bend over to NO ONE. That is what kills boxing. It shouldn't matter how much you sell
          go back to your fantasy world boy, we are discussing boxing here

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Peanuts COMPARED to Canelo. Please keep up. GGG can do that and he will be in the same lane he's in. Canelo can fight Cotto again, can fight anybody and it will do 10X the PPV GGG does if HBO even gives him another PPV after how poorly his first one did. Winning the belt by vacate means nothing. A hollow achievement. He wants big fights not a belt. And GGG will be seen as the ducker since he ducked Ward to fight Cotto/Canelo and fought neither lol

Canelo now holds all the leverage. When the fight happens it will be on his terms not GGG's
            Go watch some floyd youtube fights and masturbate to that, you GGG hater. a55hole.

Comment

• Originally posted by KO MX View Post
              go back to your fantasy world boy, we are discussing boxing here
              We'll see when your boy is forced to respect GGG and fight at 160.

Comment

• warrrrrrrrrrrr Cotto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                  Hello Mr. Bardock:

250,000 - 150,000 = 100,000.

You're 50,000 short, friend! No worries, we all make simple mistakes from time to time.

50,000 + 100,000 = 150,000.

So 100k is the correct amount.

Thanks,

Comment

We'll see when your boy is forced to respect GGG and fight at 160.
                    hahaha who is going to force him? the corrupt WBC? i don't think so

Comment

• Am I the only one that laughs that Oscar says Canelo hasn't reached "man strength?"

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                      GGG better get the **** lube ready.
                      Canelo better make sure he has a good doctor his his corner, because GGG is gonna take that lube and royally fuuucccckkkk Canelo's career. If Canelo steps in the ring with GGG, (AND THAT IS IF), his entire legacy will hang on getting worked over by the much smaller Floyd, and hulk smashed by simular sized GGG.

Good boy a-side, now take this beating you 155 biiiitch.

What's Canelo's excuse gonna be. I bet it's Ive am not a MW, I fight 155.

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      I think the WBC will probably give Canelo one optional defense (probably that double header they talk about) and then they will force him to face GGG somewhere in late 2016. I think they will sit and tell Canelo be a man and accept 158 or we will strip you, and I think GGG might be okay with 158. (Though I would still be mad because it should be at full 160) But mark my words, no way it's happening at 155.
                      WBC recently reiterated they won't give Canelo a voluntary unless team GGG agrees to it.

I doubt team GGG agrees unless Canelo first agrees to a sensible weight.

If I'm GGG, I tell Canelo to vacate, come back when De La Hoya feels you have your "man strength."

Comment

Working...
                      X