Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Dr. Steelhammer" Klitschko II: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland.
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WTF Huck!

Even so, it didn't sound like they were just praising him for the hell of it. Rico Verhoeven, one of the most straight talking guys in all of fight sports, spoke very candidly about Fury's skills and power, and he's not the sort to say something without meaning it.

I think Fury's power is the type that makes you respect it without necessarily being in awe of it. Fighters don't just walk Fury down the way they would a lesser punching fighter, at least not after a few rounds have passed. He's like Ward and Mayweather in a way, in that he won't likely put your lights out or even seriously rock you, but he has just enough snap to put you in fear that either thing might happen if you're not careful. He's heavier handed than either guy relative to his weight class, as evidenced by the marking he puts on fighters' faces, but the type of mental demoralising and second guessing he makes fighters go through is very similar, I believe.

That's why I can't get behind anyone who thinks that fighters like AJ and Wilder will just walk Fury down and knock him out. These people display their ignorance of boxing with statements like these, as they clearly underestimate how difficult it is to walk forward on a fighter like Fury, or how much damage they're likely to ship if they do so.

I've reiterated my view Fury would likely stop AJ and Wilder, look if Whyte and Molina can hurt and tag these guys Fury sure as shyt can.

I'd like to point out I'm not trying to discredit Fury I just believe Wlad will beat him in the rematch, in the event Fury wins I'm not sure anyone can defeat him in the division, sure AJ could knock him out I just don't believe he has the skill set to implement it, as for Wilder ? The less I say the better or I am making the division sound even worse than some perceive it to be.

The main threats to the Fury I see are Ortiz and Pulev, these two I absolutely believe would bowl over AJ and Wilder yet I'm no means certain they could beat Fury, as far as I am concerned the only man capable is Klitschko right now unless Fury forgot his entire boxing tutelage and stood in front of AJ.
    What do you see in Pulev Scott? The guy is clearly a level below the elites in my eyes. Take away his jab and what's he got?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
      What do you see in Pulev Scott? The guy is clearly a level below the elites in my eyes. Take away his jab and what's he got?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      You say he is a level below the elites and I agree, he is a level below Fury and Klitschko, if you are implying AJ and Wilder are elite then I believe you are truly lost, with claims like that you begin to sound like Laced Up and Plunger. Are those guys really a level above Pulev, deeming Pulev third tier ? What has Wilder done Pulev has not ? Ok he jabbed Stiverne into submission, I saw Pulev do that to Ustinov and Dimitrneko only he stooped them on power, I also never saw him hurt by guys on the level of Whyte and Molina, and before you bring up Abell dropped him even you know that is bs.

You can discredit Pulev all you like the fact remains it would be a crowning win for the likes of AJ and Wilder and it would be a resounding win for Fury one no one could discredit, I'm sure some would try but the relevance of it would matter none. Pulev is by far a tougher durable opponent than these two title holders, if he can remain in shape and dedicated as he is closing in on a mandated title crack he will be a title holder, I just hope the IBF holds its rules firm and does not allow Joshua too not face a single mandatory for the same period of time Wilder went without having to face one since he picked up the belt ? What did it take from picking up the title in January last year until the Povetkin fight was penned for May this year, that's 17 months right ?

You say what do I see him in ? I see talent, not as much as Fury but I see a real force to be reckoned with for this current crop of heavy residing in the higher echelons.

Comment

• Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
        Everyone who's sparred with Fury mentions that he's a lot more heavier handed than they expected him to be. He'll never be a one shot put you down sort of fighter, but his shots carry weight, they're consistent and come at you from all angles. I imagine he must be a nightmare to fight against.

Comment

• New date has been updated in the OP.

Comment

• The countdown begins....

Comment

• WAR FURY!!!

Comment

• fury didnt do anything special to win this horrendous ''fight''. he just managed to suck less than wlad. THEY WERE BOTH AWFUL !!!!!!

i pick wlad to end fury by the 7th.

Comment

• fury does the job even easier than first time round, wlad is getting older and older and a leopard cant change its spots, hes not going to suddenly come out swinging.

Comment

• Where has this myth been built up the furry won a dominant masterclass performance. Wlad looked ****, Fury looked slightly less **** but still ****. The difference in that fight was a hair.

Comment

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                      fury didnt do anything special to win this horrendous ''fight''. he just managed to suck less than wlad. THEY WERE BOTH AWFUL !!!!!!

i pick wlad to end fury by the 7th.
                      Outfoxing the greatest heavy of the last ten years for twelve rounds is doing nothing special? OK then tough guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X