Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Dr. Steelhammer" Klitschko II: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Actually, he is.

He is a high level boxer so he touches opponents up with finesse punches that don't always have steam, but Fury will put you down if he so pleases. Add the fact that he is a good counter puncher, and expect to see Wlad's face all over the arena.
    So because Fury chose not to put Klitschko down last year he allowed Klitschko to finish on his feet ? Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
      So because Fury chose not to put Klitschko down last year he allowed Klitschko to finish on his feet ? Interesting.
      It more about Wlad not being able to adjust at all and Fury not needing to do much more. Mayweather has won may fights this way. So has Wlad for that matter. So has Rigo.

If you are severely behind in a fight, a freaking championship fight, as the defender, and you are getting your ears boxed off, it's on you to make it a fight.

Comment

It more about Wlad not being able to adjust at all and Fury not needing to do much more. Mayweather has won may fights this way. So has Wlad for that matter. So has Rigo.

If you are severely behind in a fight, a freaking championship fight, as the defender, and you are getting your ears boxed off, it's on you to make it a fight.
        I'm not sure i agree with this notion. For a start Wlad is not the defender and you're telling me Fury will just pick up where he left off, as Wlad can not fight any better, you declared Wlad can not do anymore and Fury has another five gears a sixth if called upon, right ?

The way I see it Fury can not really offer much more due to limitations and reservations regarding his durability against fighters above C level as he's been exposed by far lesser men than the aged twilight years Klitschko. In many ways I'd kind of accepted Wlad would lose on points again but the shift in mentality in the pressers the last 4-5 weeks I'm stoked for this fight again as we've seen Wlad swearing and an admission from himself what we all saw needed to be acknowledged.

I can't see how Fury can hope to stop him, their was a point Wlad turned away took a heavy shot Fury attempted to capitalise and missed with the follow up two, if that was anyone with heavy hands the fight would have been over. Fury just does not soften his opposition up, he neither has that surprise snap or tenacity to catch his opponent off guard, as his shots are seen firsthand, I'm not saying he telegraphs like Wilder but his arms are too long for surprising shots, unless of course he's using his forearm in a face to blind side him with the other hand a la Cunningham, his last real KO which was an illegitimate one whereby the fight should have been declared a NC.

I believe the loss will provide the motivation needed to recapture his belts which honestly don't really be deserved to be held by this current interloper in receipt of them, I know you'll disagree but the guy is a disgrace intent on any means of self promotion to make a fast buck as quick as possible so he can get himself back to Bolton feasting on salted black pudding and lager for breakfast, dinner and evening meal.
        Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 06-20-2016, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
          It's hard to tell for sure because it all depends on if Wlad fights in a different style than he has for the past 10-12 years. He needs to open up and throw a bigger variety of punches. He's fast and more powerful than Fury. I don't even think Tyson can hurt Wlad with that style unless Wlad gets TOO wreckless.

I'm gonna bank on Wlad coming in with a different gameplan. I'll say Wlad wins by UD, dropping Fury in the 3rd and 9th.
          I too think Wlad is faster than Fury and certainly the more powerful, Fury is more fluid of foot work though and utilising the same tactics as Klitschko with the benefit of being the taller and longer reach he simply utilised those natural attributes to better effect than Klitschko, it may very well be that Fury just simply has the beating of Klitschko, period, not due to skill but size. I mean I've heard all these years how Klitschko has dominated smaller men on size alone, maybe these people are on to something. I don't subscribe to the myth Fury schooled Wlad, I just suppose you gotta land more than 30 percent of our punches thrown to school anybody, of at least have an activity rate wherein your opponent is completely overwhelmed by your work rate as opposed to his own. The figures in the last fight made for cringe viewing and even as a Klitschko supporter their damn hard to defend.

I don't see this fight going the distance as I don't see Fury stopping Klitschko either, not after he was unable to land a successive glove on Klitshko even when he lost his footing and turned his back, Fury was winging and missing his heaviest punches even when Klitschko couldn't see them.

Comment

I'm not sure i agree with this notion. For a start Wlad is not the defender and you're telling me Fury will just pick up where he left off, as Wlad can not fight any better, you declared Wlad can not do anymore and Fury has another five gears a sixth if called upon, right ?

The way I see it Fury can not really offer much more due to limitations and reservations regarding his durability against fighters above C level as he's been exposed by far lesser men than the aged twilight years Klitschko. In many ways I'd kind of accepted Wlad would lose on points again but the shift in mentality in the pressers the last 4-5 weeks I'm stoked for this fight again as we've seen Wlad swearing and an admission from himself what we all saw needed to be acknowledged.

I can't see how Fury can hope to stop him, their was a point Wlad turned away took a heavy shot Fury attempted to capitalise and missed with the follow up two, if that was anyone with heavy hands the fight would have been over. Fury just does not soften his opposition up, he neither has that surprise snap or tenacity to catch his opponent off guard, as his shots are seen firsthand, I'm not saying he telegraphs like Wilder but his arms are too long for surprising shots, unless of course he's using his forearm in a face to blind side him with the other hand a la Cunningham, his last real KO which was an illegitimate one whereby the fight should have been declared a NC.

I believe the loss will provide the motivation needed to recapture his belts which honestly don't really be deserved to be held by this current interloper in receipt of them, I know you'll disagree but the guy is a disgrace intent on any means of self promotion to make a fast buck as quick as possible so he can get himself back to Bolton feasting on salted black pudding and lager for breakfast, dinner and evening meal.
            Wlad is going to catch a Magomed type beating.

Honestly I am not sure what I am most afraid of, the damage that Wlad is going to take in the fight physically and phychologically, or the potental legal trouble Fury might be in if he literally kills him.

Fury had 12 rounds to learn Wlad's tendencies and feel his punches. This time he will dispatch him like a lion dispatches a cub of a rival pride he is taking over.

Comment

Honestly I am not sure what I am most afraid of, the damage that Wlad is going to take in the fight physically and phychologically, or the potental legal trouble Fury might be in if he literally kills him.

Fury had 12 rounds to learn Wlad's tendencies and feel his punches. This time he will dispatch him like a lion dispatches a cub of a rival pride he is taking over.
              Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

You may as well be talking with a flannel in your mouth and a bar of soap up your ass pal, the bubbles comin out of your mouth aren't helping you project any clarity in what it is you're trying to get across.

Wlad will not take any damage, when Wlad turned side on reeling from a shot Fury attempted to capitalise and missed wildly with his follow up two, it made for awkward viewing and frankly you talking like this is cringeworthy taking into account the first fight.

I'm of the sound opinion Wlad now knows Fury has nothing that can hurt him, only the skill to outbox him if he fails to let his hands go again, only this time he knows he can walk through Fury's best to land his own. It's an interesting fight, the only chief concern for me is Wlad's performances over these past two years and his significant reduction in punch output. I begin to wonder has his career reached the point where he hasn't the motivation to up his game, I suspect we have passed the tipping point.

I find it a great shame Fury or his team rebuffed the approach from K2 in 2012.

Comment

Because Fury is an heavy handed brute, right ?
                Everyone who's sparred with Fury mentions that he's a lot more heavier handed than they expected him to be. He'll never be a one shot put you down sort of fighter, but his shots carry weight, they're consistent and come at you from all angles. I imagine he must be a nightmare to fight against.

Comment

• Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                  Everyone who's sparred with Fury mentions that he's a lot more heavier handed than they expected him to be. He'll never be a one shot put you down sort of fighter, but his shots carry weight, they're consistent and come at you from all angles. I imagine he must be a nightmare to fight against.
                  You are aware his sparring partners pay his wages right ? You said it yourself he aint got fight ending power. The writing is on the wall when you're 'doing 15 hard rounds against Marcin Rekowski', Fury's own words not my mine.

I'm not saying Fury isn't strong and his punches don't hurt, they just don't appear to trouble durable opposition, which I believe will be detrimental in the long term especially as fights enter the latter stages due to his inability to put fighters away who are held and ranked in the higher echelons. Pulev is the same, he doesn't have the snapping power but his punch accumulation takes its toll on opposition take Dimitrenko and Ustinov for instance, two guys never stopped but he halted them, Fury struggled to get Chisora out of there but for the intervention of Charles who decided he'd seen enough and wanted an early night too.

Comment

You are aware his sparring partners pay his wages right ? You said it yourself he aint got fight ending power. The writing is on the wall when you're 'doing 15 hard rounds against Marcin Rekowski', Fury's own words not my mine.

I'm not saying Fury isn't strong and his punches don't hurt, they just don't appear to trouble durable opposition, which I believe will be detrimental in the long term especially as fights enter the latter stages due to his inability to put fighters away who are held and ranked in the higher echelons. Pulev is the same, he doesn't have the snapping power but his punch accumulation takes its toll on opposition take Dimitrenko and Ustinov for instance, two guys never stopped but he halted them, Fury struggled to get Chisora out of there but for the intervention of Charles who decided he'd seen enough and wanted an early night too.
                    Even so, it didn't sound like they were just praising him for the hell of it. Rico Verhoeven, one of the most straight talking guys in all of fight sports, spoke very candidly about Fury's skills and power, and he's not the sort to say something without meaning it.

I think Fury's power is the type that makes you respect it without necessarily being in awe of it. Fighters don't just walk Fury down the way they would a lesser punching fighter, at least not after a few rounds have passed. He's like Ward and Mayweather in a way, in that he won't likely put your lights out or even seriously rock you, but he has just enough snap to put you in fear that either thing might happen if you're not careful. He's heavier handed than either guy relative to his weight class, as evidenced by the marking he puts on fighters' faces, but the type of mental demoralising and second guessing he makes fighters go through is very similar, I believe.

That's why I can't get behind anyone who thinks that fighters like AJ and Wilder will just walk Fury down and knock him out. These people display their ignorance of boxing with statements like these, as they clearly underestimate how difficult it is to walk forward on a fighter like Fury, or how much damage they're likely to ship if they do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                      Even so, it didn't sound like they were just praising him for the hell of it. Rico Verhoeven, one of the most straight talking guys in all of fight sports, spoke very candidly about Fury's skills and power, and he's not the sort to say something without meaning it.

I think Fury's power is the type that makes you respect it without necessarily being in awe of it. Fighters don't just walk Fury down the way they would a lesser punching fighter, at least not after a few rounds have passed. He's like Ward and Mayweather in a way, in that he won't likely put your lights out or even seriously rock you, but he has just enough snap to put you in fear that either thing might happen if you're not careful. He's heavier handed than either guy relative to his weight class, as evidenced by the marking he puts on fighters' faces, but the type of mental demoralising and second guessing he makes fighters go through is very similar, I believe.

That's why I can't get behind anyone who thinks that fighters like AJ and Wilder will just walk Fury down and knock him out. These people display their ignorance of boxing with statements like these, as they clearly underestimate how difficult it is to walk forward on a fighter like Fury, or how much damage they're likely to ship if they do so.
                      I've reiterated my view Fury would likely stop AJ and Wilder, look if Whyte and Molina can hurt and tag these guys Fury sure as shyt can.

I'd like to point out I'm not trying to discredit Fury I just believe Wlad will beat him in the rematch, in the event Fury wins I'm not sure anyone can defeat him in the division, sure AJ could knock him out I just don't believe he has the skill set to implement it, as for Wilder ? The less I say the better or I am making the division sound even worse than some perceive it to be.

The main threats to the Fury I see are Ortiz and Pulev, these two I absolutely believe would bowl over AJ and Wilder yet I'm no means certain they could beat Fury, as far as I am concerned the only man capable is Klitschko right now unless Fury forgot his entire boxing tutelage and stood in front of AJ.

Comment

Working...
                      X