Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "Dr. Steelhammer" Klitschko II: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Fury had best take this fight seriously...Fury's strength is his footwork, its just very good. His punches range, a lot of them are arm, but he still stops most of his opposition...a point many klitards don't seem obliged to accept. but he clubs away and sticks his elbows out which makes him quite akward.

its tough to time an ackward fighter, I don't think Vlad can time him the way he wants to frankly.

At the end of the day there is nothing that suggests Vlad can adapt in the ring. His whole career is based on a simple formula of grabbing, and jabbing, then wadeing in...it won't work against Fury. BUT if Fury does not prepare and loses his clean timing, his footwork and his stamina then he puts the fight in jeapardy. It scares me that fury is not approaching this fight as an underdog who has to prove something... If Fury does prepare I don't see a way in for Vlad.
    I think even a complacent Fury can still beat Wlad. He's a born fighter and can adapt in the ring when things go south. Wlad needs everything to be in place beforehand and to go smoothly on the night. That's why he fell apart so badly against Fury.

Fury still needs to prepare well of course, and it'd be a good test of his championship longevity to see how well he prepares for this coming in as the favourite. Wlad reigned so long because he never dialled it in, even against complete idiots like Leapai. Perhaps he would still be physically near his peak if he didn't go through the same gruelling process every time out, but given his past losses I don't blame him for wanting to cover all bases every time out.

Comment

• The first fight was disappointing from both fighters though Fury failed to deliver on his promises and was tentative throughout Klitschko was far worse, the rematch will deliver good on the first fight promises of Klitschko. He now whole heartedly accepts and understands what us needed to reclaim what is his and restore the division to what it once was instead of this fractured mess we now have before us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
        The first fight was disappointing from both fighters though Fury failed to deliver on his promises and was tentative throughout Klitschko was far worse, the rematch will deliver good on the first fight promises of Klitschko. He now whole heartedly accepts and understands what us needed to reclaim what is his and restore the division to what it once was instead of this fractured mess we now have before us.
        What fractured mess? No one takes Martin seriously and besides that we still have one guy with the majority of the belts and Wilder who holds the WBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
          What fractured mess? No one takes Martin seriously and besides that we still have one guy with the majority of the belts and Wilder who holds the WBO.
          Three title holders claiming to be world champ. I have no idea who casual fans recognise as champion though I see a lot of hard d1cks getting excited over this supposed American 'champ' though I suppose when you've got some guy storming the ring chasing a fight against one of the champs he looks like the brash upstart contender, I can understand why fans are confused as to what the hell is going on or why they would believe Wilder is 'the' champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
            Three title holders claiming to be world champ. I have no idea who casual fans recognise as champion though I see a lot of hard d1cks getting excited over this supposed American 'champ' though I suppose when you've got some guy storming the ring chasing a fight against one of the champs he looks like the brash upstart contender, I can understand why fans are confused as to what the hell is going on or why they would believe Wilder is 'the' champ.
            But Wilder was the WBO champ before Wlad lost titles so I'm not sure what you're referring to here regarding the division being fractured. Like I said, the only difference between then and now is the IBF is now in the hands of Martin. And trust me, no one, American or otherwise, has any confusion over that particular situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
              I think even a complacent Fury can still beat Wlad. He's a born fighter and can adapt in the ring when things go south. Wlad needs everything to be in place beforehand and to go smoothly on the night. That's why he fell apart so badly against Fury.

Fury still needs to prepare well of course, and it'd be a good test of his championship longevity to see how well he prepares for this coming in as the favourite. Wlad reigned so long because he never dialled it in, even against complete idiots like Leapai. Perhaps he would still be physically near his peak if he didn't go through the same gruelling process every time out, but given his past losses I don't blame him for wanting to cover all bases every time out.
              Fury walks out of a coffin and takes his soul.

Comment

• I can't make my mind up. I think maybe Fury's got this. I was thinking that Wlad will be a lot more aggressive this time with nothing to lose, but we all know he tires quickly and if he can't get Fury out of there in the first half of the fight he could find himself in all kinds of trouble later on.

Wild prediction: Wlad throws at twice his usual rate early on and takes risks too. Fury avoids and takes the punches and lands an increasing amount round by round. Wlad is out on his feet by the end of the 8th and ends the fight by retiring on his stool, graciously admitting that he is no longer the best heavyweight in the world and that it's time to end his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
                  I can't make my mind up. I think maybe Fury's got this. I was thinking that Wlad will be a lot more aggressive this time with nothing to lose, but we all know he tires quickly and if he can't get Fury out of there in the first half of the fight he could find himself in all kinds of trouble later on.

Wild prediction: Wlad throws at twice his usual rate early on and takes risks too. Fury avoids and takes the punches and lands an increasing amount round by round. Wlad is out on his feet by the end of the 8th and ends the fight by retiring on his stool, graciously admitting that he is no longer the best heavyweight in the world and that it's time to end his career.
                  Wlad retires on his stool? I think he has more heart than that.

Comment

• http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news...in-middle-east

Comment

• WAR FURY!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X