No announcement yet.

Fury promoter" Fury will throw ibf belt in the thrash if

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saint laurent
    Her fighter has the LHW belts, so of course she wants to keep them together. Her fighter doesn't have the HW belts, so of course she wants to break them up.

What is your complaint, that a promoter wants their fighters to have belts? What kind of promoter would she be otherwise?
    Promoter doing their job, then there wouldn't be a complaint for anything. Just say, a promoter is doing what they gotta do.

Comment

Fury should not do that, Glazkov was Wald mandatory way before he got his chance

See why GGG need to take care of his IBF madantory now , and not wasted time on Lara or Boo Boo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        Doesn't he need all the belts to become the undisputed?
        No, he just needs to be recognised by the majority boxing public as the best fighter on the planet, which he already is.

Belts mean nothing, and the sooner people realise this the better.

Comment

So there's no point in fighting wilder for his belt?
          The only point in fighting Wilder is because it'd be a good and probably competitive fight. The fact that it's for another man's belt means nothing really. Boxing is entertainment and so long as the perceived best are fighting the best then it's all good.

Comment

So there's no point in fighting wilder for his belt?
            Not exactly, there is. But in the Heavyweight division there is no running. The best man will be the best man till he is beaten. Fury vacating the IBF belt because the IBF wants to force their mandatory instead of allowing Fury the immediate rematch to fight Klitschko would make Glazkov a bigger paper champ in the Heavyweight division than Wilder.

Comment

You're entitled to your own opinions, but you're not entitled to your own facts. You're free to value or not value the belts as much or as little as you wish. You're not free to lie about the definition of undisputed champion. The term was invented to describe a champion with all of the recognized belts.

Fury is the recognized #1 heavyweight and the unified champion, but he is not the undisputed champion, regardless of how you feel about it.

If belts mean nothing, please explain why the entire sport revolves around them. Who fights who, which fights networks buy, who signs with who, etc nearly always revolves around the belts.

Maybe they should mean nothing, maybe they could mean nothing, but we live in reality and like it or not, the fans, promoters, fighters, TV networks and managers have decided that not only do they not mean "nothing," they nearly mean EVERYTHING.

Hopefully someday we will have a dominant recognized boxing league that can cut out the sanctioning bodies, so we can have a clear recognized champion in every division.

PBC is our best chance of that happening and if it does happen, every top fighter will flock there, everything will be kept in house, and 99% of the time when the public wants to see a fight, the fight will get made.
              I'm not claiming to be sticking to rigid definitions here. But terms only have meaning if they square with reality, or at least the commonly held perception of such. If the term undisputed champion no longer means what it claims to mean (again, in the loose sense of the term) then it ceases to mean anything at all. I fully accept that Fury won't be "Undisputed Champion" unless he holds all the majorly recognised belts, but he's already clearly staked his position as number one fighter on the planet and that's good enough for most it seems.

I respect where you're coming from, but I think you're overestimating the sway these belts have in the public mindset. Or maybe I'm underestimating them. I don't know. I do know that the respect these belts have had is slowly being eroded every time they strip a fighter unfairly, crown a paper champ, create a new belt and so on. Fury only has to make a statement about how little he values the belts to do irreparable damage to their reputations. I don't think he's going to as, whatever their faults, there's still an easy prestige to be had in having a bunch of initials after your name every time you're introduced, but Fury only has to pick up any minor trinket titles to have the same effect in the eyes of the average viewer. He could ditch the IBF and claim the WBF and no one outside the boxing community would really know the difference. At least here in the UK, where the majority of his fanbase (i.e. the guys who pay his bills and the bills of everyone associated with him, including the sanctioning orgs) currently reside.

Comment

The IBF is the only sanctioning body that follows their rules, even when it would be far more lucrative for them to not follow their rules. Nobody should be criticizing the IBF for following the rules in this instance. Fury voluntarily agreed to a rematch and was paid handsomely for doing so.

The IBF mandatory is due. A voluntary defense can't take priority at this time unless it's a unification.

I continue to hope that 1/16 is Wilder vs. Glazkov for the WBC and vacant IBF heavyweight titles.
                How can another champion fight for a different vacant belt? Doesn't Glazkov have to be a champ first ? Didn't the wbc say they don't recognize the other champ or something like that

Comment

**** Kathy Duva. She could have allowed a negotiation period so that perhaps an agreement could be reached in order not to split up the belts, maybe with a step aside fee.

Furey should make Glazkov fish the IBF belt out of a garbage bin.

Comment

The WBC will do whatever Haymon wants, so that's not an issue.

I have no idea if the IBF would allow it, but I hope they will consider it rather than having #1 fight #6 or #7 for the vacant world heavyweight title. #1 vs the WBC champion would be a much better way to fill the vacancy IMO, plus it would fill the vacancy a lot quicker as the fight could happen next month.

As soon as news broke that Wilder was negotiating with Glazkov, I figured this is what Haymon was trying to pull off, but the IBF is a stickler for the rules, so I have no idea how it will play out.
                    Do you reallythink haymon and duva are masterminding this together? Lol duva hates haymon she's said it hereelf

Comment

The IBF is the only sanctioning body that follows their rules, even when it would be far more lucrative for them to not follow their rules. Nobody should be criticizing the IBF for following the rules in this instance. Fury voluntarily agreed to a rematch and was paid handsomely for doing so.

The IBF mandatory is due. A voluntary defense can't take priority at this time unless it's a unification.

I continue to hope that 1/16 is Wilder vs. Glazkov for the WBC and vacant IBF heavyweight titles.
                      Klitschko said he was exercising his contractual rematch clause. I'm aware the IBF follows its rules and issues mandatory fights but if there was ever an exception for a fight to come before it, it is the immediate rematch for the Heavyweight title for a historic champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X