Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo what you considered a "slick" boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rw1t2yAK_wU

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      You're quite clearly moving the goalposts on what your definition of "slick" is.

But I still remember you telling me that Nadal was a finesse player whereas Federer was all power lol so I don't really consider you any kind of authority in style.
      I still remember you being gullible enough to argue about that for many many pages, and me getting great enjoyment out of it, and you still being too embarrassed to admit how easily you were trolled.

Seriously... Nadal the guy that chases down every ball and Federer, the one who floats effortlessly like a butterfly and is always in position... and you didn't realize that you were being trolled when I made a point to just say that opposite of anything you said?

That started off as a fairly meaningless trolling, but it is now a moment I take great pride in, since it has bruised your ego so badly.

Back to the point though.

Im not moving the goal posts. Slick is about being able to "swim without getting wet" as ****m Richardson put it.

Which means getting in your counters while slipping incoming fire.

Here is a prime example.

Being elusive is about not getting hit in general. Id say Canelo is elusive. When he is being defensive, he has developed quite nicely in terms of rolling his shoulders and hips and catching and slipping, and even occasionally stepping back around.

Rarely does any offense come of that though, unless its a one shot catch and counter type move that was practiced in the gym.

He doesn't posses any improvisational quality to him, which is what is required to be able to return fire WHILE being elusive, which in turn makes you slick.

Comment

Canelo is not James Toney or Pernell Whittaker hence he is not slick.

Well Ok then

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          I still remember you being gullible enough to argue about that for many many pages, and me getting great enjoyment out of it, and you still being too embarrassed to admit how easily you were trolled.

Seriously... Nadal the guy that chases down every ball and Federer, the one who floats effortlessly like a butterfly and is always in position... and you didn't realize that you were being trolled when I made a point to just say that opposite of anything you said?
          You weren't trolling though. That's just what you started saying after everyone who posted in the thread started ripping the piss out of you

You were arguing for Nadal being a greater player than Federer profusely for pages and then using the idea that Federer can only beat Nadal with power to back up your argument

Comment

Canelo is not James Toney or Pernell Whittaker hence he is not slick.

Well Ok then
            Whitaker has 1 t in it; otherwise, your statement is quite accurate.

Comment

You weren't trolling though. That's just what you started saying after everyone who posted in the thread started ripping the piss out of you

You were arguing for Nadal being a greater player than Federer profusely for pages and then using the idea that Federer can only beat Nadal with power to back up your argument
              You are still that dense? I can't figure out if its just your ego being so bruised from falling for such an obvious trolling, or if you are just so dumb you still don't realize you were being trolled.

Incase you didn't notice, when you troll someone, and they take the bait, you keep feeding them until they realize they are getting trolled and stop playing, or you get bored... You never realized you were getting trolled. I got bored. I've said it every day since.

Its really great that you keep bringing it up though, it lets people know not to take your boxing knowledge seriously, because even the most obvious things fly right over your head.

Comment

Whitaker has 1 t in it; otherwise, your statement is quite accurate.
                They are two of the slickest fighters to ever live. You don't have to be them to have slickness.

Comment

You are still that dense? I can't figure out if its just your ego being so bruised from falling for such an obvious trolling, or if you are just so dumb you still don't realize you were being trolled.

Incase you didn't notice, when you troll someone, and they take the bait, you keep feeding them until they realize they are getting trolled and stop playing, or you get bored... You never realized you were getting trolled. I got bored. I've said it every day since.

Its really great that you keep bringing it up though, it lets people know not to take your boxing knowledge seriously, because even the most obvious things fly right over your head.
                  Well I'll leave the quote here for anyone who wants to see you absolutely embarrassing yourself in that thread.

The only place Federer can ever beat Nadal is on fast courts where there is no finess. He has to use power to win, he can't beat Nadal with skill.
                  Reading the thread clearly shows you weren't trolling at all because you start trying to qualify your statement and slowly start backing off it when you realised how ****** it was

Comment

They are two of the slickest fighters to ever live. You don't have to be them to have slickness.
                    No you don't have to be them, you just have to be able to mix offense with defense. Canelo is getting better at it, but he is for now still either on offense or on defense. When he is in the middle, its usually a canned combination or catch and counter that they worked on in camp, nothing that he is able to improvise in the middle of an exchange.

Slick is like Jazz.

It doesn't have to be orthodox perfection either. I consider Joe Calzaghe to be slick.

Floyd was slick, Ivan Calderon slick, Roman Gonzalez slick, Roberto Duran slick... Doesn't have to be one kind of fighter.

You just have to be able to mix everything together.

Comment

Well I'll leave the quote here for anyone who wants to see you absolutely embarrassing yourself in that thread.

Reading the thread clearly shows you weren't trolling at all because you start trying to qualify your statement and slowly start backing off it when you realised how ****** it was
                      You just read a statement where I said Federer can't beat Nadal with skill, and present that as evidence that I wasn't trolling? Where as Federer is the player who probably throughout the whole history of tennis embodies that player that wins based on his skill and not his physicality, where as Nadal, chases down every ball and wears you down.

The argument was about who was greater all time. I still think peak for peak Nadal's freakish ability to chase down everything beats Federer's grace. But when it became clear that you would fall for bait, I started feeding you more and more progressively ******ed bull****, to see when you would realize you were being taken for a ride... you never did... and apparently still don't.

The argument is in boxing parlance a roberto duran vs ray leonard argument.

And I went as far as basically say that Duran is the more polished flashy stylish technician, and Leonard is nothing but a brawler, and you still didn't catch on... And you still haven't, or refuse to admit you were that dense. I'm not sure which is worse.

For what its worth, I apologize for the public humiliation that has brought upon you several time. I was just having fun with you in the moment. I never meant for it to follow you around like this.

Comment

Working...
                      X