Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the worst lineal HW champion of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Willard had the title for a while and actually defended it. Douglas got sparked in his first defense.
    He didn't defend it no. He took years off after Johnson and only fought exhibitions. The Johnson fight was fixed as well.

He was crap. Douglas would have beaten Willard with ease, he was a good fighter when in the shape he was in against Tyson. He just made too much money too quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Yes b/c Tyson then was a beast not because Douglas was terrible.No one on that list would even make it out of 3 rounds with Tyson even on that night.

Also Douglas wouldn't be considered worst HW based on a Tyson win but a Holyfield loss when he was 20 pounds overweight...Losing to holyfield dosnt exactly take away from ones standings.
      He won a miracle fight and did basically nothing else. Douglas over-achieved one night and ****** before and after. Just my opinion.

Comment

He won a miracle fight and did basically nothing else. Douglas over-achieved one night and ****** before and after. Just my opinion.
        He wasn't champion until after the Tyson fight...Tyson is not even in the equation...Holyfield is ..unless you think the Carneras fought better guys than Holyfield have at it. Even id douglas comes in shape and still losesi still don't see how losing to Holyfield makes you the worst champion? Unless you go by outside elements and dedication since Douglas didn't train properly and came in 20 pounds overweight.Though I wouldn't hold to much stock in a guy who also had fixed fights by many reliable sources....if we are comparing career Douglas runs circles on Carnera just on his Tyson fight.Even Valuev fighting old holyfield makes Carnera seem irrelevant.
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-03-2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          He wasn't champion until after the Tyson fight...Tyson is not even in the equation...Holyfield is ..unless you think the Carneras fought better guys than Holyfield have at it. Even id douglas comes in shape and still losesi still don't see how losing to Holyfield makes you the worst champion? Unless you go by outside elements and dedication since Douglas didn't train properly and came in 20 pounds overweight.Though I wouldn't hold to much stock in a guy who also had fixed fights by many reliable sources....if we are comparing career Douglas runs circles on Carnera just on his Tyson fight.Even Valuev fighting old holyfield makes Carnera seem irrelevant.
          Any defense > lucky win and no defenses. Simple sh&t for me

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            He didn't defend it no. He took years off after Johnson and only fought exhibitions. The Johnson fight was fixed as well.

He was crap. Douglas would have beaten Willard with ease, he was a good fighter when in the shape he was in against Tyson. He just made too much money too quickly.
            Nobody said this was about h2h matchups. Obviously if that's the case then the answer would be different

Comment

We all know it's Leon Spinks.

The lowest point HW boxing has ever been.

On a lb for lb basis at HW, the golden era is the weakest era of all time.

Quite ironic really.

Hence the requirement for its elaborate mythology not present in most other eras.

Comment

I voted Briggs because there is no way running and trying to parry punches wins a fight. Also Foreman should have not been recognized as champion anymore. When you duck Shulz and Tucker to hide in Japan to fight Crawford Grimsley and then fight a green Briggs you are all but declaring I don't want to fight anybody but bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                  We all know it's Leon Spinks.

The lowest point HW boxing has ever been.

On a lb for lb basis at HW, the golden era is the weakest era of all time.

Quite ironic really.

Hence the requirement for its elaborate mythology not present in most other eras.
                  The golden era wasn't 1978. It was more around 1973. The division was deep but the guys for the most part would probably be too small to compete in this era. As great as Joe Frazier was he would be bounced like a beach ball by prime Wlad. Frazier if he had a good management team would win a cruiserweight belt and try and launch a heavyweight run after a few defense.

Comment

Any defense > lucky win and no defenses. Simple sh&t for me
                    Mike Tyson > Carneras entire wins ...

Holyfield drunk > Carnera

yes very simple .
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-03-2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I think overtime there's been a couple of frauds who became the lineal champ without even beating the previous lineal champ

Comment

Working...
                      X