No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Abraham

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Uncle View Post
    Well. Canelo was too one-dimensional to handle Lara, Trout and Mayweather. And Abraham only got bigger reach, Canelo got bigger weight.
    Canelo handled Trout and put him on his ass.

His fight with Lara (who was a problem style for Canelo) was a genuine toss-up, he got the win and I couldn't complain about it.

Abraham just scraped past Martin Murray, also scraped past Paul Smith, was stopped by Stieglitz...those close fights (and loss) were against guys levels below Lara and Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

His fight with Lara (who was a problem style for Canelo) was a genuine toss-up, he got the win and I couldn't complain about it.

Abraham just scraped past Martin Murray, also scraped past Paul Smith, was stopped by Stieglitz...those close fights (and loss) were against guys levels below Lara and Trout.
      Wait, so Murray is levels below Lara and Trout? Based on what?

Comment

Wait, so Murray is levels below Lara and Trout? Based on what?
        Clearly.

I like Martin, decent fighter and one of several Brits willing to travel, but he's on the very edge of world level. He's a solid fighter and nothing more.

Trout was an undefeated world champion (coming off a Cotto win) when Canelo beat him. Lara was a world champion with dominant performances against Trout, Paul Williams.....they are levels above as fighters and in terms of accomplishment.

Comment

Every person who have him in their P4P top 5 is overrating him. And his weight would qualify him for light heavyweight.
          Loooooooooooooooooooooooooool. You're absolutely clueless.

I should've known better than converse with you.

Comment

dont feed the troll...

Comment

Clearly.

I like Martin, decent fighter and one of several Brits willing to travel, but he's on the very edge of world level. He's a solid fighter and nothing more.

Trout was an undefeated world champion (coming off a Cotto win) when Canelo beat him. Lara was a world champion with dominant performances against Trout, Paul Williams.....they are levels above as fighters and in terms of accomplishment.
              Trout won against both Cotto and Canelo. But what else has Trout done? Murray beat Martinez and almost went the distance against Golovkin and almost beat Abraham, probably deserving a draw.

Comment

Abraham is unfortunately the standard Super Middleweight for guys coming up to test the waters with. He is still one of my favorites, at least for his time at MW, not so much at SMW. Abraham would be a test for any JMW-MW coming. He is not that big so I think there are some guys at JMW-MW that can actually take him in a decision. He;s good enough that other good fighters will struggle to beat him thought, like Murray did.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Abraham is unfortunately the standard Super Middleweight for guys coming up to test the waters with. He is still one of my favorites, at least for his time at MW, not so much at SMW. Abraham would be a test for any JMW-MW coming. He is not that big so I think there are some guys at JMW-MW that can actually take him in a decision. He;s good enough that other good fighters will struggle to beat him thought, like Murray did.
                  Don't you agree that he probably would destroy Canelo?

Comment

Working...
                  X