Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why no love for julian j-rock williams around here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why no love for julian j-rock williams around here?

The imam loss got me thinking about who the best up an comers are...and this guy is near the top of my list. He's fundamentally solid and has a good attitude and discipline. I don't recall seeing much about him on these boards. I would post some highlights...but i don't know how to embed videos.

I like Williams, very good all round fighter. He reminds me a bit of BHop, very crafty on the inside.

Comment

I think most everyone likes/appreciates J-Rock, the only thing going against him so far is landing a defining fight. Too many PBC fighters ducking him. Personally if Alvarez insists on staying at 155/154, J-Rock is his most ideal opponent.

He has a bit of both Hopkins & Hagler too him. I'm a bit frustrated Edwards keeps matching him up with Mexican style fighters over & over though.

Comment

That ****** addix also said the same thing about imam lol. "No love" he gets plenty of support for where he is in his career

Comment

Hasn't really had that defining win that got him on the map yet. Hopefully he gets the Trout fight soon or at least a Charlo brother fight or Willie Nelson or some f#cking body.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            That ****** addix also said the same thing about imam lol. "No love" he gets plenty of support for where he is in his career
            Williams is more solid than imam imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Hasn't really had that defining win that got him on the map yet. Hopefully he gets the Trout fight soon or at least a Charlo brother fight or Willie Nelson or some f#cking body.
              Andrade is in the mix too...nice looking weight class actually.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Andrade is in the mix too...nice looking weight class actually.
                I just prospective matchmake via known alliances these days lol.

Idk if Andrade's team is down with him fighting on PBC or not. Seems like Andrade has interest, but guessing his promoter gots the bigger call with all that. I'd definitely love to see him fight a lot of those PBC guys.

Comment

Real talk. **** prospects. PBP ain't on your bandwagon until you beat somebody. Amir Imam got me cautious.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

http://boxingjunkie.com/2015/11/17/j...me-co-feature/

J-Rock was reported to be back in January as the co-main to Wilder. Supposedly IBF eliminator, likely Michael Soro (Soro & TR previously agreed to fight Trout in the IBF eliminator but Trout pulled out). That's a 50/50 fight, so I wouldn't be surprised if they skip Soro and go for Hosokawa or Teixeira.

Also rumor (likely thru Stephen Edwards), that Jermall Charlo is vacating his IBF strap and moving up to 160 and that Ronnie Shields rejected J-Rock over Wilky Campfort for Charlo's defense.

Comment

Working...
                    X