No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Outpoints Klitschko To Lift Heavyweight Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    I like Fury and don't want to knock him but that wasn't even close to the best Wladimir. Not even close. Skills can erode between fights. It's a proven fact and not just my opinion.

I'll leave it at that.
    It was the same Wladimir as always. You can't even explain how he was any different.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      It was the same Wladimir as always. You can't even explain how he was any different.
      Sure I can, and I did. He had zero for timing and nothing by way of reflexes. Absolutely trash reflexes. That alone lets me know that he's done. Ray Charles could have seen how pitiful he reacted to throwing his punches when Fury was open, which was a million times. Wilder would have annihilated either of them on that night. As Froch always says, Wilder would have smashed either of them to bits. Absolute bits. Joshua would cream Fury so bad his next generation would not even consider fighting. Wlad was terrible by his standards and Fury was just a little better than that. Trash fight and Wlad is done. Get the knack.

Comment

Sure I can, and I did. He had zero for timing and nothing by way of reflexes. Absolutely trash reflexes. That alone lets me know that he's done. Ray Charles could have seen how pitiful he reacted to throwing his punches when Fury was open, which was a million times. Wilder would have annihilated either of them on that night. As Froch always says, Wilder would have smashed either of them to bits. Absolute bits. Joshua would cream Fury so bad his next generation would not even consider fighting. Wlad was terrible by his standards and Fury was just a little better than that. Trash fight and Wlad is done. Get the knack.
        What "reflexes"? Saying the word "reflexes" over and over doesn't make a point.

Wladimir is a robotic 1-2 fighter. Jab, jab, grab. Step in, step out. Occasional right hand and left hook.

What are these "reflexes" he uses?

Fury used feints and head-movement which completely took away Wladimir's jab. If Wlad can't land his jab, he's absolutely lost.

What fight has Wladimir fought any differently?

Comment

• If I didn't know any better I woulda thought this Ali in there http://gfycat.com/EveryMajorKittiwake
          http://gfycat.com/EmbellishedWhisperedInchworm#

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            What "reflexes"? Saying the word "reflexes" over and over doesn't make a point.

Wladimir is a robotic 1-2 fighter. Jab, jab, grab. Step in, step out. Occasional right hand and left hook.

What are these "reflexes" he uses?

Fury used feints and head-movement which completely took away Wladimir's jab. If Wlad can't land his jab, he's absolutely lost.

What fight has Wladimir fought any differently?
            You obviously don't know the meaning of the words I'm saying. For an example, it takes reflexes to get a punch from point A to point B as a target is moving or otherwise. He was able to land frequently and knock out Tony Thompson in the first fight with his jab rendered useless. You don't know much about boxing and less about the meaning of simple words like 'reflexes' and 'timing' so I give up trying to help the blind see. Bye chump.

Comment

You obviously don't know the meaning of the words I'm saying. For an example, it takes reflexes to get a punch from point A to point B as a target is moving or otherwise. He was able to land frequently and knock out Tony Thompson in the first fight with his jab rendered useless. You don't know much about boxing and less about the meaning of simple words like 'reflexes' and 'timing' so I give up trying to help the blind see. Bye chump.
              It takes having the confidence to throw punches which Wladimir has never had unless he has a weakened opponent or one he can control with the jab.

He said himself that he couldn't land on Fury. He couldn't get his jab working so he was never confident to throw the right hand.

Tony Thompson gave him trouble in the first fight before he gassed out and quit like most American Heavyweights.

Fury was able to execute a great gameplan for 12 rounds because he's simply much better than the people Wladimir has been fighting.

Comment

Working...
              X