Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Is Not a Middleweight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That cool if 5'9 with 70½ react can't fight at 160 vs Guy that is 6'10 with a 70 react , then just give up the belt

Comment

• Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
      if you're putting yourself in canelo's shoes, then they might be mis-fitting.

Canelo won't drop that belt bro. Get it out your head. If you were Canelo, you wouldn't either.

Do you understand the backlash he'd receive in Mexico if he pulled a Riddick Bowe and vacated the green belt? Are you aware of the relationship between Mexico and the WBC?

and like someone else said, he already paid the $300k sanctioning fee. Canelo's already invested. Plus, the belt serves as additional leverage vs other fighters in negotiations.
      Yes, good points.

It will be interesting to see what position WBC take with him about fighting Golovkin next.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
        Golovkin either makes 155 or **** him. Point blank. He was willing to drop for Floyd right?? Well, Canelo is the new Floyd as far as cash cows go and big money fights. So lose the damn weight or stfu. Point blank.
        This was a paid message. Point blank! There is only one reason a sane person writes/says such a shameful drivel - money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          WBC should be considered a minor title. it's completely worthless and the most corrupt of all.

i say downgrade wbc to minor title and upgrade IBO to major. IBO is the least corrupt of all. plus wlad and GGG both represent the IBO titles very well. it's a very good belt.
          WBC got a pattern lately - protecting "money" fighters from the dangerous challengers. Cotto/Canelo from GGG, Stevenson - from Kovalev, Wilder from Povetkin. So it looks like you're onto something here.

Comment

• The 155b catchweight is BS and we all know it. He shouldn't be able to go ahead in his career forcing people to specifically go to 155. Anything over 154lbs and under 160lbs is Middleweight and Canelo rehydrates to a pretty big extent. Can people seriously try and act like Canelo physically can't weigh in at the divisions limit of 160?

Sometimes catchweight make sense and if they are agreed on from time to time and don't mess things up then so what...But this? This is Canelo trying to be a bully on the scales and he shouldn't be allowed to do it.

He rehydrates enough for us to clearly see he can weigh in at 160. Trying to claim to not be a middleweight and trying to make someone come down to 155 so you can rehydrate way up the scale come fight night then you are just trying to get a weight advantage. All there is too it. Leave out the BS.

Comment

• Fine, Canelo should vacate the belt and hand it over to GGG personally. Admit he was lying when he said that he wasn't afraid and don't ever mention him or look in GGG's direction until he's ready to fight. This is absolutely pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
                He is a junior middleweight, that needs to go up to 160, not 155. To be a middleweight, you need to fight middleweights, and not guys who come in at 153.5 for a "middleweight" title fight. Let him fight a few true 160 lb. guys, let him come in at the 160 lb. limit, let him take some punches from the big boys. What's wrong with that? You call him a middleweight and he's never fought a damn middleweight in his life.
                "Let him" is only flies if he vacates and hands over the belt. It is quite simple - he is either a middleweight or he is not. In the first case fight for your belt without draining your opponent below 160. In the second case give up the belt and do as much "growing in the division" as you like. GGG is not after you personally, he is after the belt. He chased Martinez, then Cotto, now you. WBC kept protecting their champions from Golovkin. Let's see what they say in 2 weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobarde Naranja View Post
                  Well he is a middleweight in size, he's actually a bit bigger than the middleweight champion.

He's just rather unskilled and needs weight games to win. He is the next Chavez Jr and will be exposed again and again.

I guess Canelo's career is basically over. The 155 pound division isn't stacked at all, he can't make 154 and he's too scared to fight guys his size. Canelo wanted 157.Retirement time? Flat footed bum.
                  Yo son chill!!!!!! I'm not a fan of catchweihts either but Cotto wanted the 155

On the flip side lets not act like A sides havent been doin this for years. Cottos beeen doin it, Floyd did it to Canelo. I'm not a fan of this **** but unfortunately its the direction boxing is going.

Broners trash ass pulls this shi* too!!!! Garcia doin the same, so don't single out Canelo. Don't compare Chavez to Canelo cause he been livin off his pops name and was always overrated!!!!!! I'm a fan of Canelo and GGG but Canelo is the A side now and if GGG wants this fight he' gonna have to negotiate cause lets be real he's not bringing the money.

I actually want this fight at 160 cause i think its better for Canelo not having to cut weight, but I would rather him fight Lemeiux first to have a common opponent and get used to the weight class. Fight GGG atthe end of the year.

People can talk all the **** they want about Canelo but name me anoither fighter that has a better resume than fighting a prime Trout,Lara(who nobody wanted to fight) Floyd, and Cotto .

Comment

• cotto wanted the 155??? then why did canelo fight at 155 3 times before that and is now asking golovkin for 155?

is cotto a time travelling hypnotist?

Comment

• Originally posted by mick1303 View Post
                      This was a paid message. Point blank! There is only one reason a sane person writes/says such a shameful drivel - money.
                      Lol haha! It's ok bro, the harsh reality is setting in for Gi Gi fans. Canelo brings him the most money and is the highest profile fight for him. A man who's struggled to be in high profile fights. His 97k on ppv is a perfect indication of that. If he wants to be a star, lose the weight. If not, keep on crushing dudes at 160 that do nothing for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X