• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    "show me a MW who can make 155 lbs doe!"

155 lbs is middleweight, dude.

he is a middleweight.
    There is a technical definition for what division a fighter is competing at and then there is the reality of what that fighter's weight class really is. Pacquiao fighting for a super welterweight title didn't make him a super welterweight, same thing with Cotto at 160, and same thing will Canelo at 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lords View Post
      Canelo fans: Cotto is the middleweight champ and is a scared coward for ducking GGG. Catchweights are for cowards.

Canelo beats Cotto

Canelo fans: Canelo is not a middleweight! 155 isn't middleweight, GGG needs to come down to 155 for a fight.

always good laughs here.
      Who said anything about GGG coming down to fight Canelo at 155? Did you read the posts or are you just a fanboy for Cotto? I think I have an idea. Very poor arguments on your part, driven strictly by emotion. No surprise there.

Comment

• The lengths to which people will go to.....

Canelo's not a middleweight? That's real funny, guy. Try another one. Canelo's a legitimate middleweight, and could probably fight higher, if not right now, then soon enough. Now whether he's got enough testicular fortitude to fight guys at 160.... that's another story.

Good try, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
          If you are between 155-160 you are a middleweight, like that is the actual definition of a middleweight in boxing. There is no argument here.
          There is a technical definition for what division a fighter is competing at and then there is the reality of what that fighter's weight class really is. Pacquiao fighting for a super welterweight title didn't make him a super welterweight, same thing with Cotto at 160, and same thing will Canelo at 160. Canelo weighed in at 155 for a middleweight title fight, against a guy who came in at 153.5. Canelo has never fought a middleweight in his life. All his fights at 155 were against junior middleweights. No argument here, just facts.

Comment

• LOL..... fans throwing themselves on the GGG grenade to save Canelo.
            Hahahaha!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              The thread starter is an idiot. If Canelo cant hang with the big boys, then he can just unbuckle that belt and hand it over to his papi GGG. Then he can fight all the fights he wants in his 155, 156, 157, 157.5, 158, 158.75, 159.25, or whatever other absurd "divisions" he feels "comfortable" at.

My god it must be absolutely humiliating to be a Canelo fan this week......
              Listen, moron, why don't read my posts before opening your mouth. I never defended a 155 lb. catchweight fight. I said vacate, if he isn't ready to fight GGG. I swear most people just have a dog in the fight and come into threads without ever reading anything that is posted in them.

I really don't understand why people get so offended at the thought of Canelo fighting a few actual middleweights before stepping to GGG. He's never fought anywhere near the 160 lb. limit and has never fought a middleweight in his life. All 155 lb. fights were against junior middleweight, and no disadvantages to them for being able to come in 1 lb. heavier than actual 154 limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basco View Post
                Cotto did the same thing and they crucified him. Now that Canelo is in the same position, the Canelo fans are in damage control!!!
                I'm not a Canelo fan. I have no dog in this fight. Just giving you the facts, bud.

Comment

• Canelo doesn't want a few more fights before fighting GGG at 160!!!!!!!
                  Canelo doesn't want to fight GGG at 160 PERIOD!!!!!!!

Comment

• Canelo is not a middle-weight,.....

He is a pure undisputed Mexican putty-tat,........extra heavy on the *****!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
                      This should be nominated for Worst Thread of All Time. The rationalizing in the OP does nothing to justify the statement that Canelo is not a middleweight. Especially considering Canelo's previous 5 fights have been at 155. I know OP, I know, it's common for non-title fights to have a 1 pound allowance, but that is for guys new to the pro game. Once they go over 10-15 fights, it's all exact weights.

Canelo is a natural middleweight and he has nowhere to run from Golovkin. He can't go down, he can't go up. He's basically on death row just awaiting his number to come up.
                      You do realize those five 155 lb. fights were all against junior middleweights, right? Canelo weighed in at 155 for a middleweight title fight, against a guy who came in at 153.5. Canelo has never fought a middleweight in his life. Again, all his fights at 155 were against junior middleweights.

There is a technical definition for what division a fighter is competing at and then there is the reality of what that fighter's weight class really is. Pacquiao fighting for a super welterweight title didn't make him a super welterweight, same thing with Cotto at 160, and same thing will Canelo at 160.

Comment

Working...
                      X