Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: We Are Not Inventing a New Division!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    I don't recall anyone doing this. Catchweights are one thing but saying your opponent has to fight at the weight you're most comfortable at is ridiculous. Might as well abolish all the weight classes and just have everyone fight at their optimal weight lol.
    with how pointless belts are these days why the hell not

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      I don't recall anyone doing this. Catchweights are one thing but saying your opponent has to fight at the weight you're most comfortable at is ridiculous. Might as well abolish all the weight classes and just have everyone fight at their optimal weight lol.
      The weight classes are already pretty much irrelevant. In the era of eight divisions, one title per, and same day weigh-ins, Canelo and GGG are light heavyweights. So to be perfectly honest, what does it matter what either of thwm weighs for about 30secs, 30hrs before the fight? Both will go and pop IVs, and enter the ring as light heavyweights, maybe even cruiserweights depending on how many times they **** before the opening bell.

Comment

You guys are though, But really who cares obviously Canelos most comfortable at 155 and he's a $ man so if fighters want the exposure and cash they accept the fight on his conditions.

Maybe it's just me but everday that passes belts and divisions are becoming less relevant so if Canelo wants to exploit them to his advantage so be it.

Comment

This is just downright stupid......thats why i say if GGG wants that title and to get the division back in order then just agree to the weight and kick his ass..the rewards will be great
          I agree. It's unfair but a lot of good fighters have had to put up with unfair stipulations until they gained more popularity or became the "A" side. This type of crap is part of boxing's history.

Comment

It's a DISGRACE that his last 5 have been CW's.

Comment

GGG will be elevated to full title status by default. I hope he is not tempted to even compromise here. He has the 4 belt locked up and Canelo has no where to go. All roads lead to GGG and Canelo will eventually have no choice but to get in line for a beating. And one thing is for sure this is Canelo will get busted up and he knows it.
              Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              Im really torn on this issue.

A part of me wants GGG to accept the weight, and push Canelos face in. Make him pay for the disrespect, like he did Stevens

The other part wants GGG to tell Canelo to kick rocks, and make him vacate/get stripped, in order to put an end to the complete joke of the last 2 years of middleweight lineage.

Sad part is, I actually liked Canelo up until a week or 2 ago. But this is really pathetic........

Comment

On another thread:
                Originally posted by BattlingNelson
                Canelo will fight GGG next at 160 or vacate the title. Vacating would leave Canelo with few options really and he will eventually grow out of his 155 lb division at which time everything will go through Golovkin.

In other words this is just the preliminary negotiations. Team Canelo and Team Golovkin will find out if they can agree on some weight and a corresponding pursesplit.
                Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Yep...
                The whole shit talk here is pointless (except for making some traffic on this web page).

Canelo is "family" for WBC, yet WBC has a ruling in place regarding what is to happen next. Sulaiman just said that they will update it on Monday.

In the OP it was not Canelo or Oscar who called GGG at 155, it was Canelo's trainer. They only try to get an early reaction from team Golovkin. Normally, such a reaction doesn't have to come until after Monday.
                In the OP of the very thread here, Canelo's trainer "invites" GGG "to come down (at 155) or (else) move up"... no more no less...
                In other words, he invites Golovkin to move up and give up all his 4 titles at middleweight... Edison Reynoso's brain is pure gold.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Edison Reynoso, trainer of WBC middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, says his fighter is not trying to invent a new weight division but he feels very comfortable at 155-pounds and has no intention of moving up any further.

Canelo captured the middleweight title on Saturday night in Las Vegas with a twelve round unanimous decision over Miguel Cotto at the Mandalay Bay.

[Click Here To Read More]
                  So..... you basically are inventing your own division ?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    On another thread:

In the OP of the very thread here, Canelo's trainer "invites" GGG "to come down (at 155) or (else) move up"... no more no less...
                    In other words, he invites Golovkin to move up and give up all his 4 titles at middleweight... Edison Reynoso's brain is pure gold.
                    I believe he said that he isn't inventing a new division at 155 but if anybody wants to fight Canelo, then MW's will have to come Down or JMW's will have to move up.

LOL!

Comment

Mr. 97k will just have to bend over to meet Canelo's every demand, the A side has spoken. Deal with it!

Comment

Working...
                      X