Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Coach: We Are Not Inventing a New Division!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roller Coaster View Post
    Lmaoooooo I'm in tears

Comment

• Hilarious. No one is asking Canelo to move from 155, he can weigh that if he wants. But his opponent doesn't need to weigh in at that. This has zero to do with Canelo and everything to do with his opponent.

Just make the fight at 157, my guess is GGG won't even come to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Edison Reynoso, trainer of WBC middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, says his fighter is not trying to invent a new weight division but he feels very comfortable at 155-pounds and has no intention of moving up any further.

Canelo captured the middleweight title on Saturday night in Las Vegas with a twelve round unanimous decision over Miguel Cotto at the Mandalay Bay.

[Click Here To Read More]
        Cool come into middleweight fights at 155 then.

Comment

• Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
          so pac has catchweights and cotto does and its cool. but canelo cant?

****** POS hypocrites, ****ing fa99ots you ****** ass biased fans are.
          A catchweight 1lb above the division belows limit, is not a catch weight. A catchweight would be 158 or something, not 155.

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            Catch weights for world title fights are completely inexcusable. Defending any fighter/trainer/promoter who asks for them is bull****. I'm certain that someone will jump in here and lay out the history of catch weights, starting back in 1890 or something, but that doesn't validate anything, so spare us all.
            idk about it..im torn.bc some of the biggest fights can only be made due to cw's...but i do think a guy like canelo who goes up 20lbs should be regulated..i feel hydration should be limited to 7lbs...that would force ppl to fight at their real weight division..or they couldnt be healthy

Comment

• What a ****ing joke

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              People are quick to call GGG a coward but I think he'll try to negotiate at 160 but if that does not work, I believe he'll drop to 155 to make the fight if the WBC doesn't enforce the weight stipulations for The WBC mandatory title defense.
              Team GGG is ****** if they do submit to the catchweight when they don't need to. These "A-Side" demands only happen because the "B-Side" is thirsty enough to put up with the bull****.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 11-26-2015, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                idk about it..im torn.bc some of the biggest fights can only be made due to cw's...but i do think a guy like canelo who goes up 20lbs should be regulated..i feel hydration should be limited to 7lbs...that would force ppl to fight at their real weight division..or they couldnt be healthy
                Why is that? Anyone can fight anyone, but it's bull**** for a smaller guy to take a title by bringing his opponent below the weight class limit.

Comment

• We are not inventing a new division, it's just part of business and everyone looks for what suits them, and whoever wants to fight with Saul will have to come down or go up.
                  What a joke and just goes to show what a pathetic sport this is sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    What a ****ing joke

Team GGG is ****** if they do submit to the catchweight when they don't need to. These "A-Side" demands only happen because the "B-Side" is thirsty enough to put up with the bull****.
                    I agree 100%. There are those however who if GGG tells Canelo to kick rocks with that 155 nonsense, will say "see, GGG is a ducker who doesnt want to be great"

its ******ed......

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                      I agree 100%. There are those however who if GGG tells Canelo to kick rocks with that 155 nonsense, will say "see, GGG is a ducker who doesnt want to be great"

its ******ed......
                      If GGG doesn't decide to drain himself for Canelo's benefit, then he's not a "risk-taker" lmao. People are too hung over GGG/Ward not happening (as if it ever made sense to begin with) that their judgment is clouded when discussing anything GGG related. IDGAF if Pac/Cotto/Mayweather have been asking for CWs, it doesn't mean Canelo has to follow suit. And it also doesn't mean that GGG has to automatically accept a CW because he doesn't have the same drawing power. This dysfunction of unnecessary CWs has become normalized that now even fans are supportive of them.

let me guess, "GGG said he'd fight anyone from 154-168", right? People need to drop that argument. Fact is, he's only fought at MW. Canelo has been fighting above the LMW limit for a year and now he has a belt. If he wants to face other MWs to get acclimated, fine. However, facing the entire MW division at a catch-weight is bull****.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 11-26-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X