Comments Thread For: Stevenson: Champions Made in The Ring, Not A Magazine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
    Yeah but he keep fighting D level guys

His time will come. Whats he gonna do when hes in there with a guy who can fight back?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Based on the TBRB rankings that's respectable opposition for the most part, outside of Sukhotsky.
      Didnt Beterbeiv with under ten fights ko Cloud rather early?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        I agree.

The Ring " title "..... is just an award.

It is waaaay over-rated.
        But as a fighter isnt any award have a value? He got it for his accomplishment and lost it for the lack of.

Comment

Originally posted by Strive 4 Truth View Post
          But as a fighter isnt any award have a value? He got it for his accomplishment and lost it for the lack of.

Nah, the ring don't mandate.

They were traditionally " the bible of boxing "..... but that time is long gone.

Some of their decisions are just an inexplicable as those other asshats.

Their awards rate slightly higher than those kool little blue stickers that I get from my local supermarket whenever I spend more than $40.

Comment

Stevenson is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Stevenson has made 6 defenses of the lineal LHW title since defeating the lineal LHW champion Chad Dawson (http://www.tbrb.org/2013/05/25/14-may-2013/) by KO in 76 seconds.

Defense #1: 6th-rated LHW Tavoris Cloud (http://www.tbrb.org/2013/09/18/10-september-2013/)
              Defense #2: 7th-rated LHW Tony Bellew (http://www.tbrb.org/2013/11/17/12-november-2013/)
              Defense #3: 5th-rated LHW Andrzej Fonfara (http://www.tbrb.org/2014/05/25/13-may-2014/)
              Defense #4: Unrated Dmitry Sukhotsky
              Defense #5: 8th-rated SMW Sakio Bika (http://www.tbrb.org/2015/10/10/10-march-2015/)
              Defense #6: 10th-rated Tommy Karpency (http://www.tbrb.org/2015/10/13/8-september-2015/)
              The only one I have a problem with is Bika, but all the other guys were LHWs. Adonis gets a lot of **** on here, but he's a victim of the politics like Kov is. Adonis vs. Beterbiev/Alvarez/Braehmer. He'll probably face Bomba next though, which I'm not thrilled about.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 11-26-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Nah, the ring don't mandate.

They were traditionally " the bible of boxing "..... but that time is long gone.

Some of their decisions are just an inexplicable as those other asshats.

Their awards rate slightly higher than those kool little blue stickers that I get from my local supermarket whenever I spend more than $40.
                Yea that may be true haha but if I were a fighter I would like that extra honor of laying another belt over my shoulder.

Comment

Yea that may be true haha but if I were a fighter I would like that extra honor of laying another belt over my shoulder.

It's not a belt dude..... it is an award..... because they don't mandate.

The Ring, is just an opinion.

In the Rings opinion, Cotto was the best fighter at 160 because he beat the lineal champ Martinez..... well, The Ring have now changed their mind in that regard.

No fight took place to amend their position, they changed their mind, that's all.

GGG was OBVIOUSLY the best middleweight when The Ring ranked Cotto.

They get it wrong all the time.

Comment

It's not a belt dude..... it is an award..... because they don't mandate.

The Ring, is just an opinion.

In the Rings opinion, Cotto was the best fighter at 160 because he beat the lineal champ Martinez..... well, The Ring have now changed their mind in that regard.

No fight took place to amend their position, they changed their mind, that's all.

GGG was OBVIOUSLY the best middleweight when The Ring ranked Cotto.

They get it wrong all the time.
                    Oh I thought the ring mag belt was the belt they used in the Rocky movies and the lineal title was an award. My bad i must have those backwards.

Comment

Oh I thought the ring mag belt was the belt they used in the Rocky movies and the lineal title was an award. My bad i must have those backwards.
                      It is often the same thing according to The Ring.

According to them " lineage " theoretical, but literal.

The lineal champ is literally the-man-who-beat-the-man.....

And, according to some, theoretically that makes him the best in the division.

Nonsense of course.

That is why The Ring ranked Cotto ahead of Golovkin for so long, and that is also why they ranked Stevenson ahead of Kovalev for so long..... luckily they changed their mind.

Imho, those two examples happening simultaneously may have caused The Ring to have a bit of a rethink on who they "awarded" as champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X