No announcement yet.

Canelo won't fight GGG at 155

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
    I know the idea is to drain the other fighter of those last couple pounds to put a real strain on his body and even mental state. But why not attack it from the other end? Nelo could accept the fight at 160lbs and do a big PR campaign on how he's honoring the belt and the weightclass. Get away from the notion that he is "hijacking" the belt. But he can put in a hydration clause. Stop GGG from coming into the ring anymore than say 165lbs or whatever weight Nelo himself is comfortable coming in at. He can say he won't force GGG to drain himself at the weigh in at expense for GGG's safety and honor to the belt. He can then say he won't let GGG balloon up past 165lbs or whatever weight he specifies in ring for his own ( Nelo's ) personal safety. This way GGG has to worry about his weight up until the ring walk. Nelo looks like he's being an honorable man and supporting the legacy of the belt.

I have no idea what Nelo weighed in ring against Cotto, but I think his best bet is to force GGG to weigh the same as him in ring. You look good to the fans and you don't end up fighting a much bigger opponent in the ring. Just saying...
    Canelo is heavier than GGG fight night

Comment

Working...
    X