Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Plots Mid-2016 Return, Confident He Won

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really care that he thinks he won, he's not the first fighter to think that. Just happy we get to see him fight again, hopefully at 154lbs.

Cotto-Andrade anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Lara will embarrass him and no way he fights Bradley not after how messy he left top rank. I doubt arum let's any his fighters face cotto. His options are very limited now that he lost and has no middleweight title. He can't fight haymon fighters because the beef with roc nation can't fight top rank fighters. And can't fight boo boo because he is suing roc nation. Who is left for him?
      he might have been able to fight Charlo or Jackson for the vacant WBC title at 154, but Im guessing after he just stiffed the WBC for 300 large, thats probably not an option anymore lol

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        he might have been able to fight Charlo or Jackson for the vacant WBC title at 154, but Im guessing after he just stiffed the WBC for 300 large, thats probably not an option lol
        Maybe the WBO?

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
          Maybe the WBO?
          Liam Smith has the title, and #1 is now vacant due to Canelo winning the 160 WBC.

Hopefully Paco Valcarcel is smart enough to get his sanctioning fee up front if that happens lol

Comment

Liam Smith has the title, and #1 is now vacant due to Canelo winning the 160 WBC.

Hopefully Paco Valcarcel is smart enough to get his sanctioning fee up front if that happens lol
            lol Right. I think that's the most plausible thing for Cotto at the moment.

Comment

he might have been able to fight Charlo or Jackson for the vacant WBC title at 154, but Im guessing after he just stiffed the WBC for 300 large, thats probably not an option anymore lol
              Cotto and roc nation burned a lot of bridges in just 1 years time. Without the leverage of the lineal middleweight title I can't see any big fight for cotto. People keep saying Andrade because he not with haymon or top rank but he and his promoter each have separate lawsuits aimed at roc nation. No way those two sides make a fight. Too soon and too much bad blood.

Comment

That 154 division needs to beware cotto beats everyone at 154 except for lara. And Cotto KOS liam smith in Two that fight needs to happen

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  lol Right. I think that's the most plausible thing for Cotto at the moment.
                  honestly I havent seen much of Liam Smith, so I wouldnt know what to make of that fight.......

Comment

Man, I hope cotto fights again and at 150 or below. When you put these fighters fighting at 154-160 next to cotto, you see how much of a size disadvantage he's in. The pictures of him and his sparring partner Glen tapia, whose fought at 154 his entire career, shows he's not even a 154er. I know he'll never go back to 147, but I hope he considers somewhere between 147-150

Comment

honestly I havent seen much of Liam Smith, so I wouldnt know what to make of that fight.......
                      Seen his last fight, okay, nothing special. I can see Cotto picking that belt up easy

Comment

Working...
                      X